Summer Student – Parks #27110
Company: Regional Municipality Of Woodbuffalo
Reference #: 002491
Position Type/ Hours: These are summer student positions working forty (40) hours per week.
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
Role and Responsibilities
Under frequent supervision, assist staff with ongoing park and open space operations and implementation of Environmental Management Programs. Perform various duties using small hand and power tools and equipment, including whips, push mowers and spray applications.
*Proof of enrollment in post-secondary education for the Fall of 2012 will be required*
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Above average analytical and communication skills.
- Demonstrable experience in the use of word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Must have a valid class five (5) driver’s license.
- Successful completion of a RCMP criminal record check with vulnerable sector.
- Must communicate effectively and understand instruction and safety procedures.
- Must be medically and physically able to perform, on an ongoing basis all of the duties of this position and in all weather conditions.
Salary/ Benefits & Compensation
Pay / Classification Level: PL 10
In addition to the rate of pay, we offer other attractive incentives:
- an additional bi-weekly payment of $480 which represents a cost of living allowance
Closing Date: April 14, 2012 at 12:00 am Posting Type: External
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Late applications will not be accepted.