Recreation Programmer #27111
Company: Regional Municipality Of Woodbuffalo
Reference #: 002584
Position Type/ Hours: This is a permanent full-time position working forty (40) hours per week in the rural area of Conklin.
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
Role and Responsibilities
Under supervision, is responsible for delivery of programs, activities, and events to the citizens of the region, utilizing municipal owned land and facilities to promote active living/wellness, recreation, culture/arts and a sense of community.
Areas of focus shall include children’s programs, family activities, special events, pilot projects, open houses, recreation opportunities and cultural/arts opportunities and programs under the umbrella of Recreation and Culture.
Salary/ Benefits & Compensation
- Successful completion of High School or equivalent (GED) is required.
- One (1) year directly related work experience in recreation and/or youth programming OR Recreation Diploma.
- Provide a criminal record with vulnerable sector check for review and acceptance.
- Valid Standard First Aid Certificate.
- Valid Class Five (5) Alberta Driver’s License is required.
- Immunizations are strongly recommended.
- Interpersonal communication and group process skills.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Must be willing to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Flexibility to perform duties after regular hours, on weekends and holidays, as required to meet community needs.
- Preference will be given to candidates who reside within the community or within 50 km of the office location.
Pay / Classification Level: PL 9
In addition to the rate of pay, we offer other attractive incentives:
- $31.06 (Probationary Rate)
- $33.92 - $36.24 (Permanent Rates)
- excellent training and development opportunities
- an extensive employer paid benefits plan
- home equity protection program
- an additional annual payment of $12,480 which represents a cost of living allowance
Closing Date: Open Until Filled Posting Type: External
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Late applications will not be accepted.