Advisor, Design & Multimedia #27113
Company: Regional Municipality Of Woodbuffalo
Reference #: 002579
Position Type/ Hours: This is a relief position working thirty-five (35) hours per week for approximately one (1) year.
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
Role and Responsibilities
Individuals in this position, under supervision from the Manager, Creative Solutions, work with all municipal departments to lead the production of internal and external design and multimedia projects in accordance with municipal brand standards and accepted design elements.
This position also requires close interaction with all members of the Communication Department to ensure that work requests are delegated and completed promptly and accurately.
You will posses the following:
- Two (2) year Accredited Design Diploma (Graphic Arts or
- Graphic Design) is required.
- Minimum three (3) years direct experience in graphic design.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating current understanding graphic design trends and fonts.
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience coordinating production efforts to ensure top quality results with a variety of vendors.
- Understanding of HTML, CSS and general web standards.
- Understanding of photography/video camera and lighting techniques.
- Public sector experience considered a strong asset.
Salary/ Benefits & Compensation
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite CS3 or greater – including (but not limited to) InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier Pro, Soundbooth, Acrobat and experience in production of graphics for web environment using relevant software.
- Demonstrated organizational, communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Proven ability to follow standards yet is creative and flexible in a team environment.
- High enthusiasm for field of graphic and new media design.
- Ability to work to both independently and collaboratively in a fast- paced environment.
- Demonstrated practice of pre-press and printer liaison.
- General understanding of photography, ability to direct Photo
- Shoot as needed to increase collateral of Municipal Photo Library.
- High enthusiasm for field of graphic design.
- Excellent ability to acquire knowledge by interviewing subject matter experts.
- Ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently.
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with co-workers, elected officials and the public.
- Ability to work under the pressure of deadlines.
- Ability to competently operate camera equipment, both still and video.
Pay / Classification Level: PL 18
In addition to the rate of pay, we offer other attractive incentives:
- an additional bi-weekly payment of $480 which represents a cost of living
Closing Date: April 14, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Posting Type: Internal and External (POSTED: March 30, 2012 CUPE Closing Date: April 10, 2012)
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Late applications will not be accepted.