Accounts Payable Clerk #27114
Company: Regional Municipality Of Woodbuffalo
Reference #: 002581
Position Type/ Hours: These are temporary positions working thirty-five (35) hours per week for approximately six (6) months.
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
Role and Responsibilities
Under supervision ensure that our liabilities are accurate and promptly entered in our accounting records and that payment of general commitments is made within the agreed terms.
Salary/ Benefits & Compensation
- High School Diploma or a GED Equivalency.
- Successful completion of the Business Administration Certificate or equivalent accounting program. Preference will be given to those who have completed the first level of a professional accounting designation program.
- Two (2) years experience in accounting environment, preferably in accounts payable area.
- Previous experience with computer based accounting systems is required.
- Ability to accurately and expeditiously enter data, proofread and identify data processing errors efficiently.
- Proven ability to work with minimum supervision, make decisions regarding priorities and meeting deadlines under own initiative.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with others and to tactfully handle complaints and inquiries.
Pay / Classification Level: PL 11
In addition to the rate of pay, we offer other attractive incentives:
- an additional bi-weekly payment of $480 which represents a cost of living
Closing Date: April 14, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Posting Type: Internal Only (POSTED: March 30, 2012 CUPE Closing Date: April 10, 2012)
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Late applications will not be accepted.