Machinist (2) #27134
Company: ACFN Business Group
Competition #: ACE-2012-011
# of Positions: 2
Location(s): Fort McMurray, AB
Summary of Position
ACE Industrial Services Inc. is now accepting applications for two Journeyman Machinist positions to support our 285 MacDonald Crescent facility.
These positions will consist of 8 Hour Day Shifts; Monday – Friday. However, hours, location and schedules may change due to operational requirements. The Machinist will work closely with other trades to complete jobs within the clients' time frame.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish work procedures for fabricating new structural products, using a variety of metalworking machines.
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders.
- Lay out, measure, and mark metal stock in order to display placement of cuts.
- Preventative maintenance of equipment and repairs as required.
- Support metalworking projects from planning and fabrication through assembly, inspection, and testing, using knowledge of machine functions, metal properties and mathematics.
- Review blueprints, drawings and engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products.
- Confer with engineering, supervisory, and manufacturing personnel in order to exchange technical information.
- Advise clients about the materials being used for finished products.
- Journeyman Status (Red Seal Certification is preferred)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience.
- Experience with Overhead Cranes.
- Ability to read and follow Blueprints.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Experienced in different types of manual machine shop equipment. (Horizontal boring mill, conventional table type mill, lathes, surface grinder, radial drill and portable align boring equipment.)
- Ability to work both independently or in a team environment.
- Ability to work harmoniously with a diverse workforce.
Procedure for applying:
- Drug, Alcohol and Audio pre-screening test.
- Class 5 License with clean Driver’s abstract within 30 days.
This competition will close when the position is filled. Due to the large volume of applications only those candidates that are shortlisted will be contacted for an interview. We appreciate your time and interest.
Please quote competition number when applying.
ACFN Holdings LP
Human Resources Department
206 – 9401 Franklin Ave
Fort McMurray, AB T9H 3Z7