Cook II #27197
Company: MacDonald Island Park Corporation
# of Openings: 1
Job Location: CA-AB-Fort McMurray
Position Type: Full-time Position Available
Pay Rate: $18.15/hour + $13,200 Annual COLA
The Cook works closely with the Kitchen in providing quality food service for MacDonald Island Park members and guests. This position is classified as either AM, PM or Swing Cook. A Cook is primarily responsible for preparing and cooking a wide variety of foodstuffs, some of which may require special techniques and care to reduce costs and to serve properly.
- Maintain quality food service for customers
- Prepares and cooks a variety of simple foodstuffs.
- Operates standard cooking equipment such as mixers, steamers, toasters, choppers, fryers, ovens and stoves.
- Participates in kitchen cleaning work, such as washing and cleaning equipment.
- Assists in preparing entrees and special menus.
- Packages and freezes samples of all food served to comply with health regulations.
- Secures food supplies from storerooms and/or refrigerators.
- May assist in storeroom duties such as receiving orders, rotating stock and taking inventory.
- Maintain kitchen in clean and orderly fashion
- All other related food service duties
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Completion of grade 12 is minimum, supplemented by completion of vocational course
- Thorough knowledge of the materials, methods, and equipment used in preparing food on a large scale.
- Considerable knowledge of health hazards in food preparation and service, and of necessary precautionary measures
- keen sense of taste and smell
- excellent hand-eye co-ordination
- good arithmetic skills
- good memory for details
- artistic and creative talent
- excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and team-building skills
- ability to remain calm in hectic circumstances
- 1-2 years experience an asset
- Valid First Aid Certificate an asset
- Alberta Best Certificate an asset
- Able to supervise and train junior staff
- Journeyman Certificate/ticket
- Experience in fast paced kitchen with large volume of business.
This job requires standing for considerable periods of time and occasional environmental exposure to cold heat and water. The employee will be required to lift and move objects that are 35-50 lbs.