Survey Party Chief #27235
Job ID: 2012-12808
# of Openings Remaining: 1
Location: CA-AB-Fort McMurray
Experience (Years): 3
Stantec's Surveys/Geomatics team consists of a large and diverse group with capabilities across North America. Using conventional, GPS, robotic, and 3D laser scanning techniques, Stantec offers both public and private sector clients the full range of services including boundary surveying, topographic mapping, construction layout, geodetic and control surveys, aerial photogrammetry, GIS services, route surveys, as-builts, and more.
Our professional and technical staff provide services for transportation, land development, buildings, environmental, and industrial projects throughout the US and Canada. Stantec is a place where we measure project and career success in some of the most rewarding ways possible, and offer career opportunities as unique as you are.
One Team. Infinite Opportunities.
Stantec’s Fort McMurray Alberta office is currently seeking an Survey Party Chief to work on Land Development, Transportation and Legal Survey projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with engineers, Alberta Land Surveyors and contractors to complete projects.
- Mentoring and supervising junior staff in construction surveys.
- Maintaining a new truck and a complete suite of modern survey equipment.
- Develop and implement procedures to improve accuracy and efficiency
The successful candidate will possess the following
- Survey Technology diploma from a recognized post secondary institution.
- Minimum of 2-4 years survey experience in land development engineering, transportation and construction.
- Proficiency and experience with Trimble GPS and Robotic Total Station.
- Preference will be given to those candidates who hold a diploma in Geomatics or equivalent work experience.
- Clean driving record is required.
Located in Northern Alberta, Fort McMurray is home to nearly 90,000 residents. People from all over the world come here to live and play. Many have come for a short visit and stayed a lifetime, firmly planting roots in our rich soil and proudly calling this home.
With its beautiful clear waters and expansive forests, the region offers endless recreational opportunities in every one of our four seasons. With the snow covered valley hills in our winter to the rushing rivers cutting through the region in our summer, if you have always wanted to try something, why not try it here.
Qualified candidates who are highly motivated and eager to commit to Stantec’s strategic initiative to become a Top 10 global design firm should submit their resume and cover letter, online at www.stantec.com/careers.
Committed to the principles of Employment Equity, we thank all candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.