Coordinator/Instructor Prehospital Care Programs #27250
Company: Keyano Corporate
Competition Number: 1112-EMT-059
Position type: Faculty
Closing Date: This advertisement will remain posted until a suitable candidate is found.
The Nursing and Allied Health Studies Department of Keyano College has one full-time permanent position for Coordinator/Instructor Prehospital Care Programs available commencing immediately.
Role and Responsibilities
- The successful candidates will be prepared to coordinate and teach in the EMT and EMT-P programs and be required to design/revise/update courses, including consulting with the Chair, faculty, advisory committees, and potential employers and students.
- This position will be divided into fifty percent teaching and fifty percent coordination. Engaging in program development and coordination, facilitating ACP approval and CMA Accreditation processes, and participating in committee work in support of the Department, Division, or College will also be required.
- In addition, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing individualized instruction and multi-media presentations, and incorporating technology such as on-line courses into the learning process where applicable.
- Other responsibilities will include carrying out regularly scheduled instruction, ensuring students’ awareness of course objectives, approach, and evaluation techniques as well as recruitment, mentoring contract instructors, tutoring, and academic counseling of students as required.
Salary: Based upon educational and experiential qualifications.
- Minimum of EMT required.
- Preference will be given to the individual who is familiar with CMA accreditation and ACP approval processes.
- The successful candidate will have three to five years current experience as an EMT-A. Demonstrated excellent communication, planning, and organizational skills are essential.
- Prior experience with facilitation/teaching groups and an interest in applied research would be considered an asset.
- Successful candidate must have current CPR, ACP registration as well as a RCMP criminal record check and vulnerable sector check.
Please submit your current resume to the human resources department, with competition number, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain open until suitable candidate is found. Please find more information on www.keyano.ca/careers.
Note: When sending your resume, please indicate the specific job title you are applying for.
Keyano College welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including visible minorities, aboriginal people, and persons with disabilities. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. We sincerely appreciate the interest of all applicants. Individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.