Manager, Corporate Records #27312
Company: Regional Municipality Of Woodbuffalo
Reference #: 002600
Position Type/ Hours: This is a permanent full-time position working thirty-five (35) hours per week.
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
The Manager, Corporate Records role is to ensure that all corporate records are stored electronically and in hard copy in a manner that complies with all applicable laws and industry regulations. This includes making certain that the storage of these records is such that the information contained therein is highly secure and readily accessible to authorized persons.
The Manager, Corporate Records will also use their excellent records-keeping expertise and organizational skills to develop standards and procedures for records maintenance across the organization.
Salary Range: Competitive Salary
- Undergraduate degree in Library Sciences along with five (5) years experience and a strong technical aptitude or desired specialized graduate level course work in archives management.
- Masters in Library/Information Science and three (3) years experience in archives, records management and/or information settings.
- Certified Archivist (CA) and/or Certified Records Manager (CRM) certification preferred. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in records management and computer technology.
- Considerable knowledge of contemporary archival and records management principles and practices.
- Considerable knowledge of creating and maintaining records databases, preferably OpenText (LiveLink); and previous experience managing reformatting projects.
- Prefer experience with automated storage and retrieval systems, electronic records, database design/management and electronic publication.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage; ability to develop budgets; ability to train other staff members; ability to conduct and maintain good public relations; detail-oriented; ability to recall/access rules, regulations and laws relating to archives/records center and public record; good organizational, communication and customer service skills.
- Considerable interpersonal, organizational, planning, project management and verbal and written communication skills; ability to analyze and solve complex problems pertaining to archival methods and procedures.
- Deep understanding of content management systems, intranets,
- Web portals and other electronic information sharing systems.
- Direct experience working with various forms of storage media, including paper, digitally scanned images, disk, tape, CD-ROM, microfilm, etc.
- Previous supervisory experience is an asset.
In addition to the rate of pay, we offer other attractive incentives:
- excellent training and development opportunities
- an extensive employer paid benefits plan
- home equity protection program
- an additional annual payment of $12,480 which represents a cost of living allowance
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Posting Type: Internal & External
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Late applications will not be accepted.