Survey Data Specialist #27332
Company: Allnorth Consultants Ltd
Location: Fort McMurray
Job Code: FM12-FT-SUR-01
# of openings: 2
Over the past 30 years, Allnorth has grown significantly into a multidisciplinary engineering and technical services consulting company. Proudly Canadian, our head office is located in British Columbia with offices across Canada. We serve as a single source for our clients, finding innovative, practical solutions to their project needs.
At Allnorth, providing successful client relationships and delivering the best service in our industry is the key to ours and our client’s success. We are fortunate to have developed extensive experience and strong relationships in the Mining, Oil & Gas, Pulp & Paper, and Infrastructure sectors.
We are passionate about continuing to build our company by providing our people, partners and clients the opportunity to grow and succeed through local offices. Being part of this growth story and working in an ambitious and professional team culture is what makes Allnorth a career destination.
We are currently seeking to engage a highly capable Survey Data Specialist, for our Fort McMurray Office. The successful candidate will be responsible for reviewing a wide variety of surveys including boundary surveys, topographic surveys, design surveys, and construction surveys across a similarly wide variety of project types and conditions.
Role and Responsibilities
- As the Survey Data Specialist you will be responsible for proactively communicating to field surveyors and project coordinators potential quality control issues and reviewing incoming data for accuracy, reliability and completeness.
- Some field survey work and site visits to provide training and support will be required. .
- Using your considerable organizational, communication and people skills, you work with cross discipline teams to ensure projects are completed within allotted schedules and budgets, and to high quality standards.
- Mentorship of new and junior employees is also a key part of this role and our organization.
- Diploma in Geomatics Engineering or Surveying Technology.
- Registered as a professional survey technologist is an asset.
- 5 years of broad based and progressive experience in a survey office environment with particular emphasis on construction surveying for large scale natural resource based projects;
- High level of competence using Carlson Survey, Civil3D, LGO and a variety of Leica equipment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Join the innovative and energetic team at Allnorth and get what you want from your career. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer real advancement potential within a team environment where outstanding performance is rewarded. You won’t get lost in the numbers here, but rather enjoy positive guidance as you learn, grow and create an impact.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.