Operation Trainer, Pilot Plant Research & Testing #27337
Company: SGS Canada
# of Positions: 1 Position(s)
Relevant Work Experience: 5
Job Type: Full Time
Industry or Theme: Mining,Oil & Gas
Reference Number: CA00917
Closing Date: 01.05.2012 00:00:00
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. Recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity, we employ 70,000 people and operate a network of more than 1,350 offices and laboratories around the world. In Canada, we presently have a staff of over 1800 employees in more than 50 locations from coast – to – coast. We have the following opportunity in Fort McMurray, Alberta.
The position of Operation Trainer exists to coordinate and maintain an effective training program for the operation team to ensure safe work practices and competent performance of all operation personnel to meet SGS’s HSE requirement and client’s testing requirement.
The Operation Trainer ensures operation training is in compliance with SGS Health, Safety and Environment procedures and Code of Integrity while coordinating training activities in an environmental and safety conscientious manner with consideration of risk assessment and mitigation at all times.
- Accountable for continuous development and improvement of accurate, up-to-date and high standard of safe work practices/procedures and other competencies/skills (hazard identification, risk assessment and etc) that capture best work practices.
- Accountable for performing effective training and mentoring of all operation team members and other personnel.
- Accountable to maintain records of training that reflect sound understanding of training in class room and at field level.
- Accountable to deliver field exam/sign-off and audit of training at field.
- Accountable to assess and develop customized training requirement for each trainee that enhances training effectiveness and overall competency of trainee.
- Responsible for continuous safety improvement to workplace.
- Responsible to enhance and set high housekeeping standard in training.
- Assist in managing operation change safely and effectively through change management, HAZOP, job hazard analysis.
- Assist in incident investigation and share/embed key incident learning in training.
Health, Safety & Environment
- The incumbent is expected to spend about 35% of time in operation floors and about 65% of time in training class room, meetings, documentation, desk work and etc.
- May be assigned special or ad hoc projects, periodically.
Reporting To: Project Manager
- Accountable for the Health, Safety and Environment of personnel and the enforcement of all regulations as per the Company Health and Safety Manual, and the immediate reporting of any health, safety or environmental incidents, accidents or concerns to the Manager/Supervisor and H&S department for action.
- Participate in safety audits and programs and provide emergency response when required.
- Assist in continuous safety improvement at workplace.
- Timely completion of monthly checks of all safety equipment and reporting and investigating safety incidents.
- Demonstrates good and safe work habits and enforces a clean working environment.
- Knowledge of safe Health, Safety and Environment practices when working with chemicals and other harmful reagents.
- Diploma in relevant discipline or combination of education and five years of relevant work experience in oil and gas, or petrochemical industries or pilot facilities.
- 4th Class Power Engineering certificate is considered an asset.
- Operations experience working in a live oil and gas plant is considered an asset.
- Ability to foster quality standard, teamwork and cooperative win-win atmosphere in teams and others.
- Ability to assist others and self in effective problem solving and deal with uncertainties.
- Ability to foster positive and healthy learning environment in class room and in the field.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license
- Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations and meet client’s satisfaction and needs.
For candidates who meet these pre-requisites, SGS offers a stimulating professional, environment and a very competitive compensation package.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada. SGS is the World's Leading Inspection, Testing, Verification & Certification Company