J/A Electrician / Apprentice HET #27376
Req Number 12-0454
# of Posted Positions 3
Employment Status Permanent Full Time
City Fort McMurray - Facility D29
Reporting to the Wood and Buffalo Region Power Systems Supervisor. This individual will be responsible for troubleshooting and repairing electrical aspects of power generation equipment and performing minor mechanical work on such equipment.
- The successful candidate will have an Interprovincial Electrician certification and be a self-starter with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- This team player will possess excellent analytical, interpersonal, organization, and communication skills.
- They will have a demonstrated commitment to safety.
- Previous generator, switchgear, generator load testing and transformer experience will be considered assets.
- The Successful candidate will be registered as a Heavy Equipment Technician Apprentice and will work towards being a dual ticket employee with Finning (Canada).
- Drugs & Alcohol testing: You will be required to successful complete a drug and alcohol test in order to comply with the Customer’s on site Safe workplace policy
- Continuous shift: 6 days on and 6 days off
- A Recent Driver’s Abstract will be required
Please note that any future shift changes that may occur will be made in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Collective Agreement.
**Candidate selection will be in compliance with the terms of the current collective agreement**