Equipment Services #27381
Company: Diversified Transportation limited
We service a wide variety of equipment including coaches, yellow school buses, transit buses and service vehicles.
Role and Responsibilities
Typical job duties consist of 12 hour workday and may include shift work:
- Repair of various units
- CVSA Inspections
- Reporting any new damages or incidents to supervisor/safety personanel
- Respond to road failures
- Spring and Fall maintenance
- Prepare units for assignment
- Other duties as required
At the start of each shift the employee is required to complete a timecard with name and employee number and stamp it with the time clock. On the job work-wear requirements include: company issued coveralls and Personal Protection Equipment as needed. Employees must provide CSA approved footwear and adhere to company work apparel requirements.
- Ongoing preventative maintenance service program
- Note any worn parts and report to supervisor
Application, Training and Certification
Prior to any potential candidate's application being accepted they must provide the following:
- Journeyman or Apprentice Credentials
- Completed Employment Application form
- Driver Abstract
- Pre Employment Drug and Alcohol Test (cost covered by Diversified)
- Background Check (cost covered by Diversified)
Once accepted for employment, the new employee must complete a training and familiarization program that suits their position. All new employees are required to serve a three - (3) month probationary period.