Instrumentation Quality Assurance #27404
Company: The Aim Group
The AIM Group is an industry leading international staffing company that specializes in the placement of permanent and contract personnel within the Oil and Gas and Energy sector
Skills And Experience Required:
- 10 years minimum Instrumentation Journeyman or Instrumentation Technologist with experience in Sweet and Sour gas and/or refinery operating facilities.
- A broad knowledge of Instrumentation Equipment management / maintenance / operational practices and applicable technology
- Knowledge and experience on software (DCS / PLC)
- Knowledge and experience in Hardware installation and precommissioning including functional testing (Controls, Limits, Shutdown Keys and etc.)
- ISO 9001
- Safety Skills
- Ability to coach and train
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Review the Construction Contractors Quality Control Manuals for Construction of Instrumentation installations to ensure they meet the requirements of the Jurisdiction Safety Codes, Acts and applicable Project Standards.
- Support the project to ensure appropriate hold and witness points are executed for instrumentation equipment.
- Review contractor testing documentation to ensure compliance with contract specifications.
- Monitor non-conformances, audit for corrective actions, close-outs and appropriate approvals.
- Review/comment and sign-off on contractor inspection and test plans for accuracy, completeness and properly referenced back to the contract specifications and drawings.
- Coordinate with contractor Quality management representatives.
- Responsible to track and attend witness and hold points.
- Perform quality assurance audits on instrumentation contractors.
- Coordinate quality assurance with project consultants and project staff.
- Report out of quality assurance results to project engineers, discipline engineer and Quality Manager.
- Attend project meetings to address quality issues.
- Review contract terms for execution of quality requirements.
- Supports the Shell flawless project deliverables.
- Ensures that the project preservation plan is in place and in effect.
- Ensure project lessons learned on quality control are documented and applied to future projects.
- Monthly reporting of Construction Quality KPI’s.
- Actively demonstrate support for the corporate position on health, safety, sustainable development, diversity, respectful workplace and the General Business Principles and Code of Ethics. Primary responsibility is integrity and quality of construction as it relates to specifications, standards and design drawings and purchase order requirements.
- Provide Quality Assurance support toArea Project Engineers.
- Review and comment on Construction Works Plans containing Instrumentation scope.
- Ability to influence on site management teams on integrity based decisions to ensure the correct balance of risk and cost considerations in business decisions and regulatory requirements.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest in The AIM Group; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Expiry Date: Friday, June 1, 2012