Electrical Engineer #27406
Company: The Aim Group
The AIM Group is an industry leading international staffing company that specializes in the placement of permanent and contract personnel within the Oil and Gas and Energy sector
Skills And Experience Required:
- Provide electrical engineering support for all matters relating to system design, selection, specification and performance of electrical equipment.
- Incumbent will work in the Technical Assurance Electrical Engineering (TAEE) team and support the Technical Authority (TA) for the electrical discipline.
- All works will be done in concert with the Reliability group to ensure delivery of high system availability, performance, and services to Asset Teams (AT) and Operating Units (OU).
- Diligently understand the requirements of STAMP Level 1, Level 2 Discipline, and apply TAE Level 2 Electrical STAMP including and not limited to: participating, coordinating input, using input as related to Area Reliability Production Team (ARPT), Maintenance Integrity Team (MIT), Mitigate Threats to Availability (MTA) list, integrity reporting contribution, area reporting, keeping electronic data evergreen for all hardware in designated asset area, reporting standard issued for specificity as well as issuing, managing, and monitoring Construction Work Packages (CWP).
- Own the Technical Assurance Engineering (TAE) document numbering repository for the electrical discipline and store numbering directory in TAE discipline network area.
- Manage and verify input for Projects and Turnarounds (P&TA) as well as maintenance project designs and engineering.
- Develop electrical safety, protection and safeguarding philosophies. a
- Give electrical specialist technical advice on complex matters in all areas of electrical engineering and conducts technical and electrical safety audits for the installation of electrical systems.
- Act as specialist and focal point for specific areas of electrical expertise, including development and maintenance of related standards (Design and Engineering Practices (DEP), details, guidelines, etc) and approved suppliers. Guide and lead manufacturers to produce products that meet Shell specific needs.
- Conduct technical assurance reviews (Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Learning from Incident (LFI), Safety and Operability Review (SAFOP), and robustness reviews).
- Provide high quality engineering services and value to customer.
- Design, specify, deploy, and sustain field electrical systems including: transmission, distribution, Variable Frequency Drives (VFD), power generation, lighting, Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS), Electrical Heat Tracing (EHT), etc.
- Provide support to existing facilities such as identifying electrical reliability and operability risks and determining cost effective mitigation, technology specification and prequalification as well as shutdown and start-up operational support.
- Provide troubleshooting and technical support for electrical hardware and software equipment.
- Provide Electrical Engineering expertise to support the brownfield maintenance & P&TA activities.
- Provide definition and support implementation of electrical strategy such as load shedding, prioritization, and system renewal.
- Lead tendering of metering contracts to existing and new vendors.
- Provide initial electrical support to all re-instrumentation projects.
- Provide a support framework for the execution of existing facilities rehabilitation to ensure high asset availability as required.
- Take on any other initiatives as deemed necessary by management from time to time.
- Work collaboratively and seamlessly with pan TAE team and wider organization stakeholders.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest in The AIM Group; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Expiry Date: Friday, June 1, 2012