Cashier Clerk #27466
Company: Regional Municipality Of Woodbuffalo
Reference #: 002604
Position Type/ Hours: This is a permanent part time position working seventeen and a half (17.5) hours per week.
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
Role and Responsibilities
Provide citizen services to the public including accepting payments, providing information and direction to citizen inquiries and assisting and accepting applications related to various municipal functions.
Salary/ Benefits & Compensation
- High school diploma or GED equivalent, supplemented by appropriate business courses, along with two (2) years experience.
- Good knowledge of municipal operations.
- Cash handling experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate with the public and to tactfully handle complaints and inquiries.
- Knowledge in the operation of basic office equipment (calculator, cash register and computer terminal).
- Typing speed of forty-five (45) words per minute an asset.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Provide a Criminal Record Check for review and acceptance.
Pay / Classification Level: PL 10
In addition to the rate of pay, we offer other attractive incentives:
- $32.08 (Probationary Rate)
- $35.08 - $37.46 (Permanent Rates)
- excellent training and development opportunities
- an extensive employer paid benefits plan
- home equity protection program
- an additional annual payment of $12,480 which represents a cost of living
Closing Date: April 21, 2012 at 12:00 a.m.
Posting Type: Internal & External (POSTED: April 14, 2012 CUPE CLOSING DATE: April 21, 2012)
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Late applications will not be accepted.