Superintendent- Facilities #27470
Company: Willbros Canada
Willbros Construction Services (Canada) L.P. is Canada’s’ supplier of choice for maintenance, pipeline and tank construction, in addition to upstream and downstream engineering and construction services.
With two fabrication facilities to support the manufacturing of modules, general fabrication of pipe, plate and structural components, Willbros is prepared to meet and exceed the requirements of any industrial clientele now and in the future. Our aim at Willbros Canada is to be the employer of choice offering a safe and comfortable work environment to produce the best quality and highest efficiency for our valued customer.
The General Superintendent is responsible for supervising the Foremen, Superintendents and Assistant Superintendents. This position will also support the Operations Manager and will coordinate production related targets, schedules and quality objectives, as well as giving daily directions to the Site Supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring Safety Compliance with Company procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Planning and coordination of the application of labour (quatity and skill level, training, experience and knowledge to perform the task in accordance with the contractual specifications and company quality standards).
- Ensuring the most up to date information is available and used by the production workforce throughout production used, such that conformance with contractual and company standards are achieved.
- Delegating daily work schedules to Foremen.
- Deploying adequate resources to meet the schedule.
- Implement corrective action when required.
- Offer continual support and feedback to Foremen.
- Other duties as required.
Compensation & Benefits Overview
- Minimum 8 years of experience on multiple crease and tasks at the field level with a minimum of 4 years experience in the supervisory or management position.
- Experience with formal quality systems, such as ISO 9000 or ASME.
- Experience with provincial occupational health and safety regulations and application.
- Sound knowledge of federal, provincial and local regulations.
This position is a full time regular position with a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Willbros is an equal opportunity employer