Company: ClearStream Energy Services
Location: Fort McMurray
Position Status: Permanent, Full-time
Department: Oil Sands
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found
Summary of Position
ClearStream Energy Holdings is the synergetic combination of well-established industrial services companies that have come together under a singular structure. Headquartered in Sherwood Park, we offer unique opportunities that require professionals seeking career defining roles. Seize your opportunity to be involved in the growth of an exciting new service provider.
The Machinist works under the supervision of the Shop Foreman to produce machined parts by
programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies. This role is also responsible for setting up and operating a variety of machine tools to cut or grind metal, plastic, or other materials to make or modify parts or products with precise dimensions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables.
- Study sample parts to determine machining operations to be performed.
- Plan best sequence of operations.
- Compute dimensions and tolerances and measure and lay out work pieces.
- Set up, operate, fit and assemble machined parts as well as subassemblies using hand and power tools.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and vernier callipers.
- Maintain a variety of machine tools, including computer numerically controlled (CNC) tools to perform precision, machining operations such as sawing, turning, milling, boring, planning, drilling, precision grinding and other operations.
- Verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments.
- Set up and program machine tools for use by machining tool operators.
- A strong knowledge of math and physics.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be physically able to perform the duties assigned.
- Must comply with company Drug & Alcohol policy.
- Must be able to read and understand written planning and follow verbal instructions.
- Computer literacy and the ability to read and interpret blue prints.
- Must have valid Machinist Trade Certification or be working towards it.
Please submit resumes to the attention of Noma Mangena – firstname.lastname@example.org Verbal applications will not be accepted.