Lead Field Engineer #27743
Company: Willbros Canada
Willbros Construction Services (Canada) L.P. is Canada’s’ supplier of choice for maintenance, pipeline and tank construction, in addition to upstream and downstream engineering and construction services.
With three fabrication facilities to support the manufacturing of modules, general fabrication of pipe, plate and structural components, Willbros is prepared to meet and exceed the requirements of any industrial clientele now and in the future. Our aim at Willbros Canada is to be the employer of choice offering a safe and comfortable work environment to produce the best quality and highest efficiency for our valued customer.
Reporting to the Operations Manager - Field Services, the Field Engineer is an integral part of the project team who is responsible for providing technical support to the project team. This position assists in evaluation and solution of potential field problems and performs all functions and responsibilities in consonance with the company’s values and beliefs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to project teams, including review of client-supplied documentation, calculations, recommendations and interpretation of applicable codes.
- Assist with the preparation of Requests for Information and Change Management documentation.
- Assist with the preparation of execution plans, schedules and budget estimates.
- Assist with the preparation of Materials and Subcontractor Requisitions, including specifiying the materials or scope of work to be procured. Research alternative materials and products.
- With the Superintendent, assist the Client with constructability reviews of future projects.
- Support and uphold Willbros' Safety Values.
Compensation & Benefits Overview
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or College Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology. Other disciplines will be considered with applicable experience.
- A minimum of 3 years construction experience, preferably in the oil sands environment.
- Valid driver's license.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency with commonly used scheduling software is desirable.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, including listening skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple work activities.
- Must be able to work constructively with others, both inside and outside the Company.
This position is a full time regular position with a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Willbros is an equal opportunity employer