Journeyperson Shop Mechanic #27771
Req Number 12-0681
# of Posted Positions 10
Employment Status Permanent Full Time
City Fort McMurray – Various Locations and Work Sites
Reporting directly to the Service Supervisor, this individual will be responsible for a variety of troubleshooting and repairing of Caterpillar engines and auxiliary equipment.
Role and Responsibilities
Requirements/ About You:
- This position is responsible for performing maintenance, repair and rebuilding of mining equipment.
- The Heavy Duty Mechanic must be able to diagnose faults or malfunctions and adjust, repair, or replace all defective equipment parts, components or systems serviced at client locations.
- This requires strong proficiency in reading and interpreting technical manuals relating to manufacturer specifications and warranty environments.
Drug & Alcohol Testing:
- The successful candidate will possess Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician Certification or Equivalent and have 2 - 5 years experience in a shop related position.
- This individual will be team player with good interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- This self-starter will have the ability to work with minimal supervision, and will be able to contribute positively to a quality team environment.
- Previous mining equipment experience coupled with proficient computer skills (MS Office package, CAT SIS and CAT ET) will be considered assets.
Salary/ Benefits & Compensation
- You may be required to successfully complete a drug and alcohol test in order to comply with the Customer's on site safe workplace policy.
- As per the current Collective Agreement, effective May 1st, 2012, the wages will be as follows $50.09 - $52.44
- We offer a competitive benefits package as part of our compensation package which includes Extended Health Care, Dental Benefits, Pension Plan, Short/Long term disability, Pension Plan and Employee share Purchase Plan
- This position will work a 7 on/7 off or 14 on/14 or 6on/6 off, 12 hour continuous shift rotation, day/night cycle
- Please note that any future shift changes that may occur will be made in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Collective Agreement **Candidate selection will be in compliance with the terms of the current collective agreement**