J/Leadhand Field Mechanic #27774
Req Number 12-0673
# of Posted Positions 1
Employment Status Permanent Full Time
City Fort McMurray – Facility D02 (CNRL)
Finning (Canada) is accepting applications for a J/Leadhand Field Mechanic position in the Fort McMurray area. Reporting directly to the Service Supervisor, this individual will be responsible for a variety of troubleshooting and repairing of Caterpillar and other equipment.
Requirements/ About You:
Duties to Include:
- The successful candidates will possess Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician certification and will have completed or be in the process of completing Finning S-level courses, SIS Web and ET training.
- In addition, product courses in 797B and 797F haul trucks and D11 & D11T dozers will be considered an asset.
- This individual will be a team player with good interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills both written and verbal.
- This self-starter will have the ability to work with minimal supervision, and will be able to contribute positively to a quality team environment.
- Previous mining equipment experience coupled with proficient computer skills (MS Office package) will be considered assets.
Mentor Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical expertise on shop floor and field operations
- Working with the Service Supervisor on scheduling work
- Providing leadership with reference to on-site safety requirements
- Completion of incoming/outgoing inspections may be required
- Instruction and mentoring of Customer and Finning technicians
- Maintain Finning Service Commitment
- Leadership for safety with attention to safe work practices
- Leadership for technical execution, with attention to utilization of documented processes and best practices
- Leadership for instruction of other technicians in the performance of their job with the development of their skill and ability
- Instruction and mentoring of CNRL Technicians
- Job work activity observation and correction
- Job quality assessment
- Responds to questions from technicians
- Communication with Supervisors
- Job status/progress/scope change – daily as required
- Job quality assessment
- Identification of road blocks and potential solutions
**Candidate selection will be in compliance with the terms of the current collective agreement**
- A recent driver’s abstract is required
- Transportation is provided by the customer from Fort McMurray if you choose to stay there, or alternatively camp accommodations will be provided on site at no charge. In addition, customer charters from Calgary and Edmonton directly to site are provided at no charge, or alternatively, flight credits are available up to set amounts if you reside elsewhere and choose a commercial carrier.
- In the event that CNRL discontinues their compensation for flights Finning shall provide 60 days’ notice to the union and members that the flight program will terminate.
- This position will work a 7 on/7 off 12 hour continuous shift rotation, day/night cycle. Hours and shift schedule may be subject to change to meet Customer and/or Finning (Canada) requirements
- Please note that any future shift changes that may occur will be made in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Collective Agreement
Apply online: http://www.finning.ca/About/Employment/Employment_Opportunities/Job_Board.aspx?jobBoardUrl=http://careers.finning.ca/finning/jobboard/ListJobs.aspx?__