Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Pilot Plant Research & #27797
Company: SGS Canada
Industry or Theme: Oil & Gas
Functional Area: Operations
Reference Number: CA00948
Closing Date: 17.05.2012 00:00:00
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. Recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity, we employ 70,000 people and operate a network of more than 1,350 offices and laboratories around the world. In Canada, we presently have a staff of over 1800 employees in more than 50 locations from coast – to – coast. We have the following opportunity in Fort McMurray, Alberta
The primary responsibility of the Operations Engineer (EIT) is to support the Operations by analyzing the day-to-day operation of the Pilot Plants and providing technical recommendations in order to achieve client’s requirements and satisfaction.
- Responsible for the process monitoring of the pilot plant and prioritize daily issues and liaison with operations group to resolve them.
- Develop and maintain material balance, energy consumption, utility consumption, chemical consumptions, yield etc.
- Make daily reports for performance of the pilot plant
- Advice/discuss plant operations coordinator on the operating adjustments required for optimized operation of equipments and processes
- Review operating procedures; review operating upsets and recommend changes in operating conditions/procedures
- Accountable for verifying operation and DCS data and trend and submit to client in timely fashion.
- Accountable for performing accurate data analysis and mass balances.
- Responsible to work closely with Quality Analyst and Instrumentation Technician and Consultant to improve quality standard in DCS data/trend and sampling data.
- Responsible to analyze information to determine and recommend improvement ideas for better quality and performance in all aspect of test plan (data, sampling, operation and etc).
- Responsible for writing technical reports and submit to Technical Lead for review in timely manner.
- Assist in data entry and verification of data related to test plans or mass balances.
- Assist in management of change process by coordinating and participating in HAZOP, risk assessment and/or field level risk assessment for non routine and high risk jobs
- Assist Operation Team and/or client in optimization of processes and data if needed.
- Assist by participating in engineering design and review of new process / project.
- Technical Lead or Designate
- This position works under general direction
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering
- Work experience in Oil sands operations/upgrader site environment is definitely an asset.
- Must be able to work rotating on-call shifts, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
- Ability to perform basic trouble shooting of production and facility equipment with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to thrive in team approach
- Proven ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects in a fast-paced, highly professional environment.
- Proficient in using Material Balance and MS office packages
- Ensures full compliance with the company’s Health & Safety, Code of Integrity, and Professional Conduct policies.
For candidates who meet these pre-requisites, SGS offers a stimulating professional environment and a very competitive compensation package. Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada. SGS is the World's Leading Inspection, Testing, Verification & Certification Company