Equipment Superintendent #27810
Company: Kiewit Corporation
Job ID: 908313
Location: AB - Fort McMurray; BC - Vancouver Area
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices in the United States, Canada and abroad. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, heavy civil, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. With 2009 revenues of nearly $10 billion, Kiewit's workforce includes approximately 10,000 salaried and hourly staff along with more than 15,900 craft workers.
The Western Canada District conducts its operations primarily through Peter Kiewit Sons Co., a subsidiary of Kiewit Corporation. We perform work throughout British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Yukon and the Northwest Territories. Our work includes highways and bridges, airports, mass transit systems, site development, dams, industrial plants, mechanical installations and hydroelectric plants.
To learn more about Western Canada District please go to http://www.kiewit.com/districts/western-canada/overview.aspx
This is a supervisor position reporting to the Project Superintendent with responsibility to all maintenance of heavy diesel and electrical power equipment of the project. Superintendents set the highest expectations for safety, quality, schedule and cost performance. The Maintenance Superintendents responsibilities are to plan and lead operations to achieve these expectations, while working with a team of engineers and supervisors.
Role and Responsibilities
- Supervising and training craft personnel involved in the maintenance of heavy diesel and electrical power equipment.
- Preparing work plans.
- Assuring quality control.
- Managing and tracking costs and materials.
- Scheduling equipment.
- Administering safety programs.
- Maintaining exceptional owner relations.
- Train a Field Engineer(s) in the duties required to execute the work.
- Must have 20 years experience working in the heavy equipment industry
- Proven supervisory and people skills. Experience supervising 5 staff employees as well as oversee 55 hourly personnel
- Bachelors degree required
- Ellipse Experience Required.
- Candidates must possess a strong work ethic.
- Be able to effectively carry out assigned duties in varying work environments and in different terrain (including various weather conditions).
- Flexible with work locations - Camp position
- Strong organizational, interpersonal skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and put in the time needed to get the job done.
- Good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
- Working knowledge of computers (Excel, Word & PowerPoint).
- Demonstrate effective organization/time management skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This Employer Participates in E-Verify. Este Empleador Participa en E-Verify.
- The wage will be $1500 per week including uplift as it is a remote camp Project role.