Construction Manager #27812
Company: Fluor Canada Ltd
Degree Required No
City (or Nearest City) Fort McMurray, AB
Location Type Project
Requisition Number 44237BR
Provide incidental engineering and manage the total work effort associated with operations, sustainment, restoration, and modernization of facilities, roads, structures, and associated property. Serve as the subject matter expert for review and approval of Contractor plans, change orders and procedures related to the operation and maintenance of the facilities, roads, and structures; provides review/approval of related scopes of work and cost proposals provided to the Project / Construction Director & Client.
This position manages and/or coordinates project activities that are in compliance with the contract and ensures the safety, quality, value, timeliness, and Fluor profitability of the completed project.
Role and Responsibilities
Basic Job Requirements
- Plans and oversees such matters as development of plant facilities, formulation of operating rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Develops procedures for use in the event of accidents, fires, or other emergencies.
- Inspects plant facilities or reviews inspection reports, to determine repairs, replacement, or improvements required.
- Hires, trains, and supervises building service personnel.
- Assigns workers to duties such as maintenance, repair, or renovation and may obtain bids for additional work from outside contractors.
- Plans and administers building department budget.
- Compiles records of labor and material cost for operating building and issues cost reports to owners or management.
- Reviews reports of expenditures for previous fiscal year and proposed improvements to facilities in order to prepare budget estimates for upcoming fiscal year.
- Purchases building and maintenance supplies, machinery, equipment, and furniture.
- Executes project engineering functions involving monitoring of progress, preparation of procedures, documentation of communications and meetings, and identification/evaluation of project issues and problems.
- Practices compliance with established safety policies and procedures and practices safe work habits throughout all phases of the project.
- Identification and evaluation of issues and events that may constitute an increase or decrease in project or service scope, cost, or schedule.
- Compliance with all applicable policies, procedures and global standards
- Building and grounds maintenance
- Housekeeping/Janitorial services
- Site Services coordination (ie. Potable Water, Propane, Sewage removal, WPS and etc.)
- Checking that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and to serve as single point of contact between Potable water provider, Propane, Bottled water and pantry supplies
- Calculating and comparing costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money;
- Inspections, audits, inventory control of equipment, working relations with the client
- Project management and supervising and coordinating work of contractors (schedules, invoices, LEM, daily contract reports, progress meetings, follow up on action items, etc)
- Directing and planning essential services such as building preventative maintenance, HVAC maintenance, wash car maintenance, winterization program, key cutting and issue
- Ensuring the building meets health and safety requirements
- Following up on any deficiencies;
- Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise
- Any additional tasks assigned by Management
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Other Job Requirements
- 10 years relevant experience at a comparable level of responsibility in projects of similar size, scope and complexity.
- Management experience dealing with maintenance, repair and operation of similar range of facilities.
- Experience includes the performance of functional tasks on projects with a basic understanding of procedures and interfaces
- Because of Fluor’s global scope, project or unit management experience in international locations and diverse cultural environments is recommended
- Cold weather experience
- Canadian experience preferable
- Basic computer and software skills to include the use of word processing, email, spreadsheets, and electronic presentations
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
- Customer focused, developing and sustaining productive customer relationships while meeting the company’s needs.
- Flexible and adaptable approach, willing to take on new work challenges. Adaptable to changing circumstances.
- Maintaining high standards of performance for self and assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments and tasks.
- Proactive reporting of progress and accomplishments of assignments. Apply necessary follow-up to monitor progress and results of project tasks and assignments.
- Analytical approach to problem solving and identifying potential solutions.