Field E&I Engineer #27813
Company: Fluor Canada Ltd
Degree Required No
City (or Nearest City) Fort McMurray, AB
Location Type Project
Requisition Number 43989BR
The Site Construction Support (E&I) is required to be involved in the day to day field level discipline planning and execution as applicable inside the construction contractor's execution plan in their respective ISBL's.
The role is to understand the hands on work being executed therefore being the first line of defense in finding holes and/or opportunities. Coordinates and monitors the activities of assigned contractors performing work within the Electrical and Instrumentation disciplines. The expected outcome is one of early detection and mitigation of schedule and cost impacts. Enhanced early involvement creates value for the client expenditure while still achieving the required level of safety, quality, budget and schedule.
Role and Responsibilities
Basic Job Requirements
- Works closely with all the CMT disciplines relative to the respective reporting requirements each discipline has as dictated by the IORVL CEP and Coordination Plans.
- Responsible for assisting in establishing IORVL requirements thru the contractor’s execution plan and undertaking feasibility studies.
- Responsible for participating in risk and value management in regards to cost and schedule control.
- Responsible for ensuring IORVL requirements for SB/SPP are adhered to.
- Responsible for assisting in the safe and timely turnover of all plant systems to the ISCT group.
- Responsible for identifying, analyzing and developing responses for commercial risks.
- Responsible for analyzing outcomes for change management and the appropriate follow thru to completion.
- Responsible for reviewing and analyzing EPC schedules
- Responsible for helping to support approval payments made to suppliers and subcontractors
- Responsible for providing advice on Contractual claims.
- Tracks, coordinates and expedites RFI’s sent to the AMEC Design Engineering office for disposition.
Other Job Requirements
- Successfully functioned as E&I field engineer.
- Engineering degree or equivalent technical project experience
- Typically has 6-10 years of project experience
- Professional Engineer / Engineer in Training preferred, but not required
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
To be Considered Candidates: Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located and be able to interview on site.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good organization skills and capability of technical writing
- Remains knowledgeable of safety policies and procedures as well as performs assigned duties in a safe manner and, while supervising others, has responsibility for their safety and ensures that they comply with established safety policies and procedures and practice safe work habits
- Develops an understanding of all aspects of the technical package and contract
- Performs Construction Engineering work requiring application of standard construction engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria in performing a sequence of related construction engineering tasks
- Gains familiarity with applicable codes and standards on a project