Certified Waste Water Operators #27824
Company: PTI Group
Chimo Water & Wastewater Services
Location(s): CA - Alberta
This Position Starts Immediately
This Position Ends No end date.
Salary / Wages Dependent on Experience
CHIMO currently has positions available for Waste Water/Water Operators.
- Operate and maintain: MBR Wastewater Treatment plants, Water Treatment Plants and related systems in remote camp settings.
- Ability to trouble shoot and correct process issues and mechanical failures, including pumps, float switches, and membrane troubleshooting, liftstation and inlet / outlet hose problems, and heat trace
- Moving plants, including start / shutdown of plants
- Be self motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Interpret lab data and ensure all water and wastewater plant operations are kept within compliance of the applicable regulatory agency.
- Assist in the administration of a comprehensive environmental management system , and ensure compliance with all Provincial Environmental standards and relevant legislation..
- Assist in managing a comprehensive environmental records system that identifies environmental aspects, hazard assessments records, workplace inspection records, health, safety and environmental training records and departmental safety committee meeting records.
- Maintain and update environmental policies and procedures.
- Provide resource information on environmental procedures, policies and other related issues.
- Maintain and assist in the management of a comprehensive environmental program including workplace monitoring.
- Provide minutes as required at environment related meetings
- Prepare documents including expense claims and professional development records
- Waste Water treatment 1 or 2. Water Treatment 1 or SWS. with other water certificates and courses an asset
- 2 to 4 years of related work experience
- Knowledge of Chemical and or Hazardous materials and Emergency Response.
- Post Secondary education in relevant discipline, particularly in the field of Environmental Science, from a recognized academic institution.
- Experience in maintaining Environmental, Health and Safety management systems
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office 2007 applications.
- Research skills and a sense of awareness in keeping current on new legislations, best practices and initiatives.
- Physically able to lift up to 50 lbs