Safety Advisor #27830
Company: Fort McKay Group of Companies
Reference #: HR12-0088
Closing Date: Thursday, May 03, 2012
Duration: Full Time
Fort McKay Group of Companies LP is currently recruiting for two (2) experienced Safety Advisors for Fort McKay Strategic Services LP, HS&E Division. The Safety Advisor will work closely with the department managers and assist with safety related administrative tasks as well as attend team meetings and other meetings as requested.
The incumbent is to conduct all activities in a manner that supports the mission the vision and values of Fort McKay Group of Companies LP. These are full-time permanent positions located north of Fort McMurray, AB.
Note: Camp accommodation is NOT provided.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Minimum Qualifying Requirements:
- Responsible for training, implementation/revision of new and existing policies and procedures as they pertain to the FMGoC HS&E Manual
- Complete and maintain Incident Reports, Field Level Reports, Weekly Performance Reports, Heavy Equipment and Light Vehicle Inspections
- Annual reviews of Safe Work Practices and Procedures
- Schedule and deliver employees for post incident drug and alcohol testing
- Attend regular Tool Box Talks
- Document incidents of employee non-compliance and report to the Manager
- Assist Managers in maintaining and enhancing a safe work environment
- Provide daily verbal or written updates to managers regarding previous days incidents or any other safety related concerns
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement in a team operating framework
- Grade twelve (12) Diploma or GED equivalent is required
- CSTS and OSSA are required
- Valid National Construction Safety Officer certificate issued by the Alberta Construction Safety Association (ACSA) or another recognized institution is required
- OH&S Certificate is considered an asset
- Retention of a valid class five (5) drivers license and clean drivers abstract is required - Please submit when applying
- Minimum three (3) years experience in the field of construction safety or other related field is required; experience in a mine setting/operations.
Working conditions will range from office environments to outside work in varying conditions and temperatures. The Safety Advisor should be prepared for extreme weather conditions and will possess the essential PPE to work in these environments. Shift work is required.