Health Safety & Environment Manager #27832
Company: Fort McKay Group of Companies
Reference #: HR12-0068
Closing Date: Tuesday, May 08, 2012
Duration: Full Time
Fort McKay Group of Companies LP is currently recruiting for a Health, Safety & Environment Manager. The successful candidate will facilitate the development, implementation and maintenance of workplace safety programs and promote positive safety attitudes and safe work practices.
This is a permanent full-time position located north of Fort McMurray, AB.
Fort McKay Group of Companies LP is an equity employer and qualified applicants of aboriginal ancestry may be given first consideration in any hiring decision. If you wish to receive consideration under the equity principles in our Hiring and Recruitment Policy you must declare your aboriginal status in your application.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Minimum Qualifying Requirements:
- Manages the development of integrated frameworks for operational, business, quality and risk management systems and coordinates effective processes and frameworks to monitor conformance with management systems
- Monitors, reviews and analyzes applicable regulations and communicates information on changes in the regulatory environments and delegates responsibility for further analysis and implementation
- Develops, implements and manages industry leading 'HSE' programs including establishment of corporate standards and targets
- Liaises and keeps current on the operations and organization of client sections within the division with particular reference to business risks and operational issues
- Leads, coordinates, or participates on multidisciplinary project teams
- Leads the development of a 'HSE' Division and site specific contingency system/emergency planning business continuity procedures and communication and ensures a protocol for consistent review and update is in place and monitored for divisional compliance
- Contributes to the continuous improvement of the 'HSE' Division performance through analysis and the development and implementation of sound management practices and procedures
- Manages the effective administration of assigned staff, including hiring, attendance management, conducting performance appraisals and disciplinary action, deployment and professional development of staff
- Provides management staff with direction, guidance, process and tools to increase efficiencies and improve effectiveness of the services provided by this function
- Maintain and conduct an annual review of the organization's 'HSE' manual to ensure that it meets current Industry and Legislative requirements
- Facilitate employee safety committees and programs
- Evaluate work procedures and work environments to identify potential hazards and ensure that adequate controls are in place
- Minimum five (5) years experience developing and managing quality systems preferably in the Oil and Gas Industry is required
- Minimum five (5) years experience in a senior leadership role is required
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Professional designation such as Canadian Registered Safety Professionals 'CRSP'is preferred or; other professional safety designations may be considered
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline would be considered an asset
- Equivalent combination of post secondary education and related experience may be considered
- Retention of a valid class five (5) drivers license and clean drivers abstract is required
- CSTS and OSSA is required
- Ability to speak, write and read English is required
- Excellent working knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations, Collective Agreements, and related Employee and Labor legislation
Working conditions will range from an office environment to outside field work in varying weather conditions and temperatures.