Electrician (PSE) #27834
Company: Nexen Inc.
Job ID: 3541
Location: Fort McMurray
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Department: Oil Sands-Maintenance-LL
Posting Close Date: 05/09/2012
Nexen has an excellent asset base and big opportunities for employees. What we do and how we do it means you get the chance to do more at Nexen.
Working for Nexen, the operator of Long Lake, is an opportunity to work for one of the top companies in Canada. Nexen is a Canadian-based oil and gas company with international operations. We're committed to working collaboratively, building our assets and finding new ways of developing our oil and gas resources - conventional and unconventional - through innovative adaptation of technology. This leads to a sustainable outcome, creating value for all of our stakeholders. At Nexen, it's not just what we do that makes us worldwide leaders - it's how we do it.
Long Lake is Canada's newest major oilsands development and the first to integrate in-situ Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage (SAGD) technology with onsite upgrading on a large scale. With input capacity of 70,000 barrels per day of bitumen, Long Lake is the largest SAGD facility in the world. The facility also employs a unique and proprietary upgrading solution that results in production of a Premium Synthetic Crude (PSCTM) oil that is superior to any other produced from the Canadian oilsands - at a distinct cost advantage over other operations.
Long Lake is located approximately 40 km southeast of Fort McMurray, in the Athabasca oilsands of northeastern Alberta. The lease is estimated to hold approximately six billion barrels of bitumen. As operator, Nexen is currently focused on ramping up production to reach an output capacity of 60,000 barrels per day of PSCTM.
This position is a Fort McMurray based position; therefore relocation is required. We offer highly competitive housing/rental assistance programs to all successful candidates.
Nestled in the boreal forest at the confluence of four rivers, Fort McMurray is a thriving, modern and culturally diverse city of 80,000 people. It's a vibrant community rich in history, with an unlimited potential for the future. Fort McMurray offers an attractive lifestyle for individuals and families, including state-of-the-art recreational and cultural facilities, big-city amenities and, of course, the great outdoors.
Operation and Maintenance of transmission and distribution system, equipment, and protective relaying, metering and communication systems installed in 750kV to 144kV substations and electrical rooms.
Reports directly to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Perform scheduled maintenance, predictive inspections, and testing on substation equipment, including power lines;
- Perform operational duties on the System as directed by the Operator in Charge, or delegate;
- Analyze test reports and recommend corrective action;
- Develop work scopes, draft procedures, and perform routine repairs;
- Update equipment histories and database;
- Comply with the Nexen Inc. operating, and maintenance safe work practices, procedures and standards;
- Comply with Nexen Inc. Site Rules and regulations;
- Initiate detailed work notifications, and procurement of routine materials;
- Analytical troubleshooting for emergency outage conditions;
- Be accountable for strong interpersonal and communicating skills to promote a harmonious working Environment;
- Actively participate in the development of Area team business goals and risk management practices;
- Be accountable for personal program development & implementation;
- Conduct tests, analyze the data, report the findings, and recommend follow-up strategies on the electrical equipment;
- Provide analytical troubleshooting abilities for emergency outage conditions.
- Valid Call 5 driver's license;
- Valid Power System Electrician (PSE) ticket; preference will be given to candidates who also hold a Journeyman Electrician ticket;
- 3 year's experience in testing, maintenance, and repair of 750v to 144kV electrical apparatus;
- Shift Work could be involved;
- Field environment exposed to Plant operating conditions (such as dirt, chemicals, mud, noise, fumes, and extreme heat or cold);
- Working at heights.
Nexen Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and excellent opportunities for growth and advancement.
No agency or telephone inquiries please. Only resumes of candidates being considered will be acknowledged.