Superintendent - Civil & Infrastructure #27837
Division Civil and Infrastructure
Location AB - Fort McMurray
Job ID 4741
Job Status Full Time Regular
Chances are good that if you’ve turned on a light, ran water or driven a car, you’ve enjoyed the benefits of the roads, bridges, dams, transportation and infrastructure we’ve built. We’re looking for good people ready, willing and able to construct the necessities communities depend on.
We are seeking an experienced Superintendent - Civil and Infrastructure for our Fort McMurray office.
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans and specifications
- Ensures that projects are constructed with efficiency related to labour, equipment and materials and with high quality standards.
- Fully understands all contractual obligations.
- Ensures that site safety measures meet or exceed the parameters set out by Ledcor, the owner, Workers’ Compensation Board / WorkSafe BC, or any other authorities.
- Works with the project team to ensure that all requirements as identified in the contract are being conducted as per plans and specifications to ensure integrity and reports unusual findings to Project Manager.
- Understands project scope to provide foresight and vision on future project works and to be able to provide 2 to 3 week look ahead schedules for review and execution by the project team.
- Provides guidance to the project team in maintaining and updating overall construction schedule and ensures milestone and completion dates are met.
- Oversees the care and maintenance of company vehicles and equipment on the project to maximize use while on the job site and returns equipment to storage or to the rental company when no longer required.
- Reviews subtrade / supplier invoices against the field purchase orders and actual site activities and reports any discrepancies to the Project Manager or the accounting department.
- Hires and manages hourly employees as required to complete the project in consultation with the Project Manager and maintains, approves and submits hourly time cards with all necessary details for job costing purposes.
- Responsible for recognizing the need for field change orders and coordinates to execute the work associated with change orders as efficiently as possible with the rest of the work.
- May perform other related duties as assigned.
- 10-15 years Civil construction experience
- Previous experience as a Superintendent, Project Manager or similar direct supervisory role
- Combination of work experience in a similar role and industry related trade certification / education
- Solid understanding of modern construction practices
- Ability to look ahead and identify risks and opportunities
- Ability to plan and manage a project schedule
- Knowledge of construction costs and budgets
- A strong safety record and the ability to work with a variety of individuals
- Capacity to understand and interpret stakeholder needs and identify solutions to non-routine tasks or queries
- Ability to adapt information and communication style to the audience
- Skilled at promoting teamwork to establish consensus among team and stakeholders
- We offer an exceptional work environment.
- Management is approachable, ethical and accountable.
- Innovation is respected, effort is rewarded and job safety is a primary focus for absolutely everyone: zero incidents is the goal.
- Hours are reasonable, home life is encouraged and remuneration is competitive.