Licensed Practical Nurse #27839
Company: Northern Lights Health Centre
Classification Title: Speciality: Licensed Practical Nurse
Type: Full Time
City/Town: Fort McMurray
Location: Northern Lights Regional Health Centre
Unit/Dept: Continuing Care
Bargaining Unit: Alberta Union of Provincial Employees - Auxiliary Nursing
Date Posted: 2012-04-26
Closed Date: 2012-05-05 Time: 23:59
Position Starts: 2012-05-07
Hours of Work: Hours per Shift: 11.08 Hours
Shifts per Cycle: 40 shifts
Length of Shift Cycle: 12 weeks
Shift Pattern: Days/Nights/Evenings/Weekends
Salary Range:$23.73 - $31.07 per hour
*In addition to a competitive rate of pay, Alberta Health Services offers a monthly amount to help offset the cost of living in select northern communities
- Active Alberta registration as a LPN with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta (CLPNA);
- Current B.C.L.S certification required;
- Must be a graduate of a recognized LPN program;
- 2 to 3 years experience working on medical/surgical unit preferred;
- Proficient meditech usage;
- Strong decision making/problem solving skills;
- Strong assessment skills.
- A current and original Criminal Record Check is a requirement of all external applicants in order to be considered for a position.
- Provide guidance and assessment of identified pre operative clients under the direction of the physician and in collaboration with the pre operative nurse;
- Perform other duties as required.
Procedure for applying:
- Vehicle Required - Required to provide a vehicle for business use; along with acceptable driver's abstract and proof of business insurance
Apply online at http://www.healthjobs.ab.ca/ or via Fax: (780) 788-1362
All applications must include the competition number and a current resume to be received by Human Resources no later than midnight of the closing date. We thank all candidates for their applications however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.