Catering Sales Manager / Sales Coordinator #27850
Company: Fort McMurray Group of Hotels
Location(s): Fort McMurray, AB
Company Name: Fort McMurray Group of Hotels
Contact Type: Employer
Management Position? Yes
Entry-Level Position? No
Work Permit Needed? Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
Job Available: Immediately
Industry Categories: Hotel/Resort
Position Categories: F&B - Catering, Catering/Events, Sales
Role and Responsibilities
- Supporting Sales Department and General Managers on incoming leads.
- Preparation of proposals, contracts and block space, and follow up with regard to room block.
- Prospecting new customers and target lists, coordination of sales blitzes, and client service events.
- Coordinating and conducting site inspections, local sales calls and client prospecting.
- Managing Sales database (Delphi Sales and Catering)
- Proactively prospect and solicit new and repeat business using appropriate selling techniques
- Managing incoming Catering requests and proactively soliciting new Conference Centre Business.
- Booking and managing meetings and conferences which include group contracts and banquet event orders for functions
- Greet all in-house Conference Facilitators and assist with needs.
- Following up on all events by sending out appropriate invoices and thank you letters
- Researching new and upcoming projects in the Fort McMurray Area for potential business leads.
- Some travel required to key city as needed.
- Assisting Director of Sales and Area Director in strategic planning of budgets and programs including; advertising, public/media relations, local marketing, sales promotions, event marketing and collateral development.
- General office administration including, filing, monitoring and replacement of collateral, office supplies, fax/photocopier maintenance etc.
- Minimum 2 years event/sales experience, preferably in a full service property
- Superior written and spoken communications skills
- Outstanding abilities to build and maintain relationships.
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Excellent time management with the ability to re-prioritize on a continual basis
- Guest and Service oriented, pleasant personality, positive attitude and disposition;
- Experienced in hospitality service with Banquet service background;
- Extensive product knowledge food items and alcoholic beverages;
- Proven sales ability
- Continually striving to create new contacts and clients through industry networking
- Ability to work well individually or as part of a team on both a departmental and interdepartmental level.
Contact: Ryan Melnyk
Thank you for your interest in Atlific Hotels, however, only those considered will be contacted for an interview. ATLIFIC HOTELS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM ALL QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.