Community Peace Officer I #27861
Company: Regional Municipality Of Woodbuffalo
Reference #: 002593
Position Type/ Hours: These are temporary positions working forty-two (42) hours per week for approximately six (6) months.
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
Under the frequent supervision of the By-Law Co-coordinator, will enforce By-Laws, Provincial Acts and Legislation, answer inquiries, initiate investigations and finalize complaints, issue violation tickets, lay charges, process summons and subpoenas, maintain files, compile records, submit reports, liaise with Prosecutors and represent the Municipality in a Court of Law.
Salary/ Benefits & Compensation
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Diploma in Law Enforcement or related discipline or graduation for an accredited Policy Academy.
- Minimum of one (1) year law enforcement experience.
- Must be able to successfully obtain and maintain an R.C.M.P. Enhanced Reliability Security clearance.
- Proven communication, interpersonal, investigative, and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of, or ability to acquire knowledge of, relevant Bylaws/Acts/Legislation.
- Valid class five (5) Alberta driver's license (clear driving record an asset).
- Must be medically and physically fit to perform all of the duties on an ongoing basis. Immunization strongly recommended.
- Must be able to meet the requirements for Community Peace Officer status within one (1) year from the hire date into this position.
- Physical Abilities Requirement Evaluation (PARE) Test prior to employment
Pay / Classification Level: PL 14
Salary Range: $36.63 (Temporary Rate)
In addition to the rate of pay, we offer other attractive incentives:
- an additional bi-weekly payment of $480 which represents a cost of living allowance
Closing Date: May 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM Posting Type: Internal & External (POSTED: April 27, 2012 CUPE CLOSING DATE: May 4, 2012)
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Late applications will not be accepted.