Planner III - Comprehensive Planning #27908
Company: Regional Municipality Of Woodbuffalo
Reference #: 002637
Position Type/ Hours: This is a permanent full-time position working thirty-five (35) hours per week.
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
Role and Responsibilities
- Under general supervision performs a variety of community planning functions including the formulation and preparation of statutory planning documents and reports;
- undertakes studies, research and provides solutions to contemporary planning problems.
- Provides occasional backup to the subdivision and development areas.
You will possess the following:
- A Degree in either Urban and Regional Planning, Geography or Urban Studies.
- Knowledge of GIS (ESRI) is an asset.
- Eligibility for full membership of the Canadian Institute of Planners an asset.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in land use planning with knowledge of computer applications. A minimum of two (2) years experience overseeing planning projects and monitoring/assigning work to junior planner.
Salary/ Benefits & Compensation
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be capable of acquiring knowledge of pertinent Municipal Bylaws, processes and procedures.
- Possess leadership skills and ability.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, and tactfully handle complex and difficult planning and development enquires.
- Proven ability to read and interpret engineering plans, drawings, and specifications.
- Valid Class Five (5) Driver’s license and a personal vehicle for business use is required.
- Must be willing to attend evening meetings and work outdoors in all weather conditions
Pay / Classification Level: Out of Schedule
In addition to the rate of pay, we offer other attractive incentives:
- $52.97 (Probationary Rate)
- $54.91 – $56.86 (Permanent Rates)
- excellent training and development opportunities
- an extensive employer paid benefits plan
- home equity protection program
- an additional annual payment of $12,480 which represents a cost of living allowance
Closing Date: Open until Filled Posting Type: Internal & External (POSTED: April 27, 2012 CUPE CLOSING DATE: May 4, 2012)
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Late applications will not be accepted.