Construction Director #28058
Company: Fluor Canada Ltd
Degree Required No
City (or Nearest City) Fort McMurray and/or Various Locations
Location Type Office
Requisition Number 43031BR
Please note that this position will initially be in Calgary, AB with mobilization to a job site soon after.
This role entails management of all phases of project activities covering a range of scopes that include studies, multi-functional project execution teams on FEED/Basic Engineering, Detailed Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Operations, Commissioning and Project Close-Out.
A Site Manager directs preparation of work plans, supervises project teams, and manages project scope, budget and schedule. Other duties may be assigned when appropriate, including sales support through the ability to formulate and lead project pursuit activities from project identification, through proposal preparation to contract negotiations.
Role and Responsibilities
Basic Job Requirements
- Develops and implements a safety and security program for all company personnel and contractors as well as establishes procedures to monitor the overall site safety program.
- Maintains a personal standard of Client Service excellence promoting integrity, consistency, Fluor core values, diversity, and fairness for; all employees, subcontractors, vendors, and project participants.
- Manages and executes assigned projects in accordance with the requirements of the contract among the company, Client, and company’s operating policies and principles.
- Executes the work in accordance with the quality standards and requirements specified for the project.
- Actively participates in the development and maintenance of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work planned & performed.
- Controls change/scope creep, ensuring that all scope changes are quickly and properly documented, and that change orders are approved prior to the performance of the work.
- Manages and controls project cost, schedule, and minimizes all Non-reimbursable costs.
- Participates in business development activities and promotes a professional and business-like relationship with the Client.
- Participates in the business development activities of subordinates.
- Develops and implements management, planning, and cost control systems consistent with the requirements of the contract and the company’s policies.
- Implements, manages and maintains an effective labor relations program to ensure labor harmony and that work proceeds without disruption.
- Manages the overall coordination and performance of all on-site activities and implements corrective action when necessary.
- Maintains pro-active liaison with Client Representatives to ensure proper and timely involvement and approvals as well as a professional and business-like Client/company relationship throughout the life of the project.
- Develops a construction staffing plan in cooperation with all company department supervisors, corporate construction management, and the Client
- Develops a business continuity plan to manage the site
- In conjunction with the Client, develops and maintains a harmonious and interactive relationship with the local community
- Establishes and maintains communications to ensure the accurate and timely flow of information in accordance with the Project Procedures Manual (PPM).
- Advises management regarding developments that could affect project profit, schedule, costs, client relations, and interdepartmental or inter-divisional relations.
- Remains alert to means and methods by which the operations of the project team may be improved as well as recommending revisions to the operating plan and detailed functioning of the task force, when appropriate.
- Identifies and evaluates items that constitute an increase or decrease in schedule or costs and reviewing and initiating deviation notices and change orders, as required.
- Develops and coordinates a constructability review program during the engineering and construction phases of a project.
- Prepares weekly “Flash Reports” for the project to keep Sr. Fluor management informed of construction progress and the status of costs and schedule as related to the budgets and previous forecasts.
- Appraises the functional department managers regarding the performance of project team members who are under the supervision of the Construction Director.
- Engineering degree or equivalent work experience required
- At least 18 years of experience
- Must have a proven track record of successful execution of Heavy Industrial Projects to include: Refineries, Upgraders, Oil Sands, Mining or Power
To be Considered Candidates: Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
- Fluor Experience a definite asset
- Module Experience is also a plus