Health Safety & Environment Coordinator #28081
Company: ACFN Business Group
Competition #: HSE-2012-016
Company Name: Denesoline Environment
Location: Fort McMurray
Available: Immediately. Full Time.
Reporting to the HSE Supervisor, the HSE Coordinator plays a critical leadership role within the business group by developing, implementing and following up on the required safety programs, procedures and protocols that effectively minimize and or eliminate incidents and health exposures, while keeping the business group compliant with all legal safety regulations, standards and requirements. Responsible for planning, developing and implementing safety follow up programs for personnel, materials and equipment to achieve the company’s goals and expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops health and safety procedures and programs for all divisions and monitors safety compliance to reduce risks.
- Develops inspection policies and establishes regular inspection schedules that cover both regular operational shifts as well as weekend work.
- Assists Safety Coordinators, employees and management in understanding and complying with all safety regulations and standards, including leadership and adhering to the Province of Alberta Safety Codes Act.
- Prepares safety policies and procedures; while providing the leadership support implementing these policies and procedures and following up to ensure compliance.
- Evaluate hazardous conditions and practices, and develops and implements control practices and programs to prevent incidents.
- Investigate safety violations and follow up ensuring corrective actions are developed and implemented to prevent reoccurrence.
- Monitors activities where incidents could and have occurred, halting any operations or activities that constitutes an imminent hazard to personnel or equipment.
- Establish target areas and long-range incident prevention and cost-control objectives.
- Ensures that all required recordkeeping and reporting requirements are met.
- Develops and delivers monthly safety meetings; records all safety associated documentation; assists in hazard assessments and job hazard analysis.
- Guides and assists company personnel with critical health and safety incidents and health problems.
- Keeps apprised of developments in federal and provincial safety laws that affect the facility.
- Assists and advises supervisors and workers with regards to safety related issues.
- Contributes to the on-going development of ACFN business group’s policies and procedures
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- NCSO (National Construction Safety Officer) Certification
- An extensive knowledge of and ability to interpret legislative and regulatory statutes, policies and mandates relative to workplace health, safety and wellness and the impact of the same upon the Corporation and its Team Members;
- Proven competency and proficiency with respect to health, safety and wellness statistical measurement methodology, analysis and interpretative action plan creation;
- An ability to carry out multiple assigned tasks and projects to their completion with minimal supervision;
- Superior verbal and written interpersonal communication ability facilitating a professional and an effective working relationship with Team Members and others within the position accountability;
- Proven leadership ability coupled with excellent problem solving skills; and
- The ability to work with others in a team atmosphere
- Class 5 Licence
- Drug, Alcohol and Audio pre-screening test
- Clean Driver’s Abstract (current within 30 days)
This competition will close when the position is filled. Due to the large volume of applications only those candidates that are shortlisted will be contacted for an interview. We appreciate your time and interest. Please quote competition number when applying.
ACFN Holdings LP
Human Resources Department
206 – 9401 Franklin Ave
Fort McMurray, AB T9H 3Z7
ACFN Holdings L.P. is a member of the umbrella organization for Athabasca Chipewyan First Nation business ventures. Our goal is to deliver top class service to our customers. Located in Fort McMurray, Alberta, we offer a dynamic work environment with plenty of opportunity for proactive, team-oriented people.
We offer you a positive environment, training, experience and competitive compensation and benefits designed to recognize your achievements, both now and in the future.