Building Maintenance #28128
Company: Tridon Communications
Location: Fort McMurray
Employment Status: Full-time Temporary
# of Positions: 1
The Building Maintenance is responsible for the general maintenance and repair of all Tridon Communications’ building facilities.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Complete general plumbing and HVAC repairs
- Finish carpentry repairs including painting
- Setup and maintain general HVAC and Electrical preventative maintenance schedules for all locations such as filter replacements and lamp replacements
- Support the Corporate Health & Safety program, while adhering to its rules, policies, processes, practices and procedures
- Accompany CSO and delegated representative on all building inspections, ensure immediate repair action to be taken on all deficient items noted
- Complete accurate CYA’s and Job Hazard Assessments (JHA’s)
- Ensure all expenditures for materials are approved through the VP: Technical Services prior to implementing repairs
- Temporary assignments to other Company locations to support work activities and projects
- Travel, overtime and on-call as required
- General interior and exterior maintenance
- Other duties as assigned
The Building Maintenance reports directly to the VP: Technical Services. The incumbent also works directly with:
- Safety Department
- All departments within the company
The Building Maintenance holds the authority to do the following:
Working Conditions and Physical Environment
- Determine proper procedures for repairs
- Request purchasing of parts needed for repairing items
- Lead building inspections
- Make suggestions to improve safety around the building
- Work independently with little supervision
- The Building Maintenance will work in an office/warehouse environment.
- Travel will be required to all company locations as needed.
- Exposure to outdoor weather conditions may be a possibility.
- The incumbent must wear safety glasses and safety boots, as well as a hard hat and safety vest during site visits.
- Rubber gloves must be worn while cleaning.
Experience and Training
- 2 - 3 years of experience within a related maintenance role required
- Industry related trade certification would be considered a definite asset
- Fall Protection, OSSA and CSTS considered an asset
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safe work practices (OH&S)
- Knowledge of hand and power tools, test equipment and design/fabrication techniques frequently required when repairing electrical, HVAC and plumbing problems
- Valid Alberta Class 5 Operator’s License or equivalent
- Recent Driver’s Abstract will be required upon condition of employment
- Excellent time management and prioritization
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication
- Ability to grasp new techniques, deal with rapidly changing events, and remain calm in stressful situations
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- The Building Maintenance must be able to spend the majority of the day standing and walking. They will be required to crouch, kneel, lift, and carry equipment weighing up to 50lbs for long distances.