HSE Team Lead #28228
Company: Diversified Transportation
Reporting to the HSE Manager, the HSE Team Lead is tasked with the implementation, delivery and monitoring of the Health, Safety and Environmental Management Program in addition to supporting field level HSE Specialists and leading or supporting serious/high profile investigations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and promote PWT Core Values through all work related duties.
- Be familiar with and support all company policies and procedures.
- Support, communicate and educate all employees in understanding and implementing the Health and Safety Management System and Environmental Management System.
- Support the HSE Manager / Director in selection and recruitment of new HSE Team members.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with internal departments including Maintenance, Operations and Administration groups.
- Understand and support client reporting and documentation requirements
- Provide feedback on staff performance to contribute to employee performance reviews.
- Document and report employee performance issues to HSE Manager/Director.
- Coordinate staff orientation, training and professional development programs.
- Manage HSE specialist schedules and coordinate coverage as required.
- Review and verify overtime hour submissions for approval and submission by HSE Manager
- Serve as incident investigation team lead.
- Assist in the development of the Health, Safety and Environmental Management Systems.
- Assist in identifying gaps in company policies, procedures and /or regulations by developing and monitoring the internal audit/inspection processes.
- Serve as client contact for HSE related field issues.
- Maintain documentation of incident files to ensure compliance with regulatory and client audits and in support of business processes.
- Serve as alternate for HSE Manager as required.
- Support the Director/Manager in developing and meeting budgetary goals.
- Other duties as required.
Education and Experience Required:
- Post secondary education in HSE management systems.
- Prior experience in an HSE leadership role is an asset.
- Certification in Occupational Health and Safety or Environmental Management is an asset.
- Technical Accident Investigation training
- Possess strong computer skills in Microsoft Office application.
- Knowledge of applicable HSE regulations, codes, practices and standards.
- A solid understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Traffic Safety Act and supporting transportation regulations.
- Possess a working knowledge of WCB legislation and case management processes.
- Provide proof of valid driver's license and good driving record supported by current drivers abstract.
- Possess previous transportation industry experience.
- Possess Emergency Response experience.
- Possess Standard First Aid certification.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills;
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment ;
- Self motivated, able to work with limited direction.
- Ability to work effectively in a team or independently.
- Ability to guide and mentor coworkers.
- Value and promote a collaborative team atmosphere
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate well with others and create effective customer-focused relationships at all levels;
- Well rounded coaching, motivational and adult education skills;
- Ability to read, interpret, and communicate policies, programs and regulations
1. Working Conditions:
2. Mental Demands:
- HSE Team Lead 50% of work is conducted in the office completing documentation, reports or administrative task etc., with 50% of time related to travel between client’s sites and Fort McMurray DTL facilities to conduct investigations, and workplace observations etc.
- The HSE Team Lead will be available for business travel and extended working hours, as required.
- Time management is essential in responding to employee demands, management issues, policies and procedure development, and ensuring reporting is completed within allowable timelines etc.
- Respond in a calm, precise, adaptable manner when faced with emergency situations;
- Assess, manage and control potential liabilities caused by incidents;
- Able to perform incident command role in critical incident situations.
- Able to remain both diplomatic and neutral throughout incident investigations
- Must possess sound judgment, excellent planning and organizational skills, well developed analytical, problem solving and decision making skills; proven leadership and motivational abilities.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Office environment combined with everyday exposure to external elements.
All applications and communications will be held in confidence.
- Interpersonal Skills: The Team Lead works well with others, internally and externally, and demonstrates emotional maturity and professionalism at all times in those relationships.
- Attitude and Dependability: The Team Lead consistently demonstrates a positive attitude towards co-workers, the position and the company. Dependability and a positive attitude are key attributes and will reflect Company core values.
- Leadership role: The Team Lead continually demonstrates leadership in all working relationships, duties, responsibilities and vision for moving the company to be the “Employer of Choice”.
- Professional knowledge: The employee is well versed in Alberta Occupational Health & Safety Standards, Environmental legislation and incident investigation and other areas related to the workplace. The Team Lead is proactive in advancing their knowledge in the area Health, Safety and Environment. The Team Lead will have a working knowledge or WCB case management processes
- Core Values: The Team Lead understands the company core values and consistently works in a manner that supports the core values.
For consideration please forward you Resume and Cover Letter to Paul Kainth,Senior Manager, Human Resources - firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.