Landfill Operator - Solid Waste #28237
Company: Regional Municipality Of Woodbuffalo
Reference #: 002659
Position Type/ Hours: This is a temporary position working forty-two (42) hours per week for approximately four (4) months.
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
Operate and maintain assigned heavy equipment, involved in the collection, segregation, processing and disposal of solid waste to the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo in addition to snow removal operations on public roadways (Rubber tire loader, backhoe, mobile pumps, track hoe, crawler tractor, landfill compactor, water truck, roll-off trucks, compost turner, compost screener, skid steer, and other heavy equipment used in year round maintenance of solid waste facilities under municipal jurisdiction).
Under general supervision shall perform, monitor, and coordinate assigned work task and direct operations in such a manner as to ensure compliance with Federal, Provincial, and Municipal acts, regulations, and policies pertaining to solid waste and hazardous waste management.
Salary/ Benefits & Compensation
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Preference will be given to applicants with supplementary training in landfill, transfer stations, or compost operations will be considered an asset (Alberta Environment Certificate an asset).
- Waste control and screening training will be considered as an asset.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in the operation of applicable heavy equipment utilized for landfill operation and excavation which is to include trackhoe, compactors, rock trucks, compost turners, track loaders, excavator, roll-off trucks, water truck, etc.
- A valid Class three (3) Alberta drivers license is required (clear driving record preferred).
- Class IIA landfill operator or Class II compost operator Certification an asset.
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Considerable knowledge of Safety precautions, methods and techniques employed in operation of heavy equipment.
- Must complete Class IIA landfill operator Certification and Class II compost operator Certification within three (3) years of date of hire.
- Required to be proficient with infrastructure blue prints, contracts and plans relating to refuse collection, processing and/or disposal operations.
- Demonstrable knowledge of occupational hazards, waste symbols, signage, and safety precautions applicable to the work.
- Immunization is strongly recommended as the incumbent may be exposed to unsanitary conditions.
- Must be medically and physically fit to perform manual labour in all weather conditions.
Pay / Classification Level: PL 12 Salary Range: $34.26 (Temporary Rate)
In addition to the rate of pay, we offer other attractive incentives:
- an additional bi-weekly payment of $480 which represents a cost of living allowance
Closing Date: May 19, 2012 at 12:00 AM Posting Type: Internal and External (POSTED: May 11, 2012 CUPE CLOSING DATE: May 18, 2012)
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Late applications will not be accepted.
Apply online: http://www.woodbuffalo.ab.ca/Employment/Employment-Opportunities.htm