Refuse Collector Helper #28241
Company: Regional Municipality Of Woodbuffalo
Reference #: 002663
Position Type/ Hours: This is a permanent full-time position working forty (40) hours per week.
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
Under general supervision, perform semi-skilled, heavy manual work collecting refuse and garbage involving the operation of a refuse collection vehicle.
- Grade Ten (10) or equivalent.
- Alberta Environment Certificate is an asset.
- Minimum Three (3) months directly related experience operating a refuse truck up to a maximum capacity of eleven (11) tones.
Salary/ Benefits & Compensation
- A minimum of Six (6) months related experience operating heavy equipment with “Q” brake endorsement single/double axle up to a maximum capacity of eleven (11) tonnes (e.g. dump truck, moving truck, transport truck, etc.).
- All operating experience is subject to equipment testing to confirm experience, skills and abilities.
- Supplementary training in recycling and waste management, an asset.
- Training in lifting techniques, an asset.
- Valid Class Five (5) Alberta Driver's License Q Endorsement, (satisfactory driving record is required).
- Class Three (3) Alberta Driver's License Q Endorsement is an asset.
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions and keep simple records.
- Must be able to identify hazardous waste symbols and signage.
- Knowledge of safety precautions and hazards involved in assigned work.
- Willingness to work outdoors in all weather conditions and in unsanitary conditions.
- Ability to establish and maintain a cooperative relationship with those contacted on a daily basis.
- Must be medically and physically able to perform heavy manual labour for extended periods of time in all weather conditions.
Pay / Classification Level: PL 11
In addition to the rate of pay, we offer other attractive incentives:
- $33.17 (Probationary Rate)
- $36.24 - $38.75 (Permanent Rates)
- excellent training and development opportunities
- an extensive employer paid benefits plan
- home equity protection program
- an additional annual payment of $12,480 which represents a cost of living allowance
Closing Date: May 26, 2012 at 12:00 a.m. Posting Type: Internal & External (POSTED: May 11, 2012 CUPE CLOSING DATE: May 18, 2012)
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Late applications will not be accepted.
Apply online: http://www.woodbuffalo.ab.ca/Employment/Employment-Opportunities.htm