Vice President - Finance & Administration #28313
Company: Keyano Corporate
Competition Number: 1112-VPF-088
Position type: Administration
Closing Date: This advertisement will remain posted until a suitable candidate is found.
Keyano College is seeking an experienced executive to assume the role of Vice President, Finance & Administration. Working in a fast growth environment, the successful candidate will help lead the on-going transformation of the College which will enable it to efficiently and effectively address the increasing demand for quality post-secondary education programs, courses and services. This is a full-time, permanent position.
The Vice President, Finance & Administration reports to the President & CEO and is responsible for the financial well-being of the College, its policies, procedures and operations, and, capital projects. This position will also provide financial leadership by managing budgets, overseeing all accounting and conducting forecast analysis. The successful incumbent will provide effective management of several departments including, Facilities, Housing, Syncrude Sport and Wellness Centre, all IT functions and various Business Operations.
- The Vice President, Finance & Administration will collaborate with the executive team to develop forecasts and budgets for all academic and operational areas, and, capital projects, and, is a key contributor to the long term Comprehensive Institutional Plan and Master Development Plan for the college.
- This position is responsible for: all financial, IT and purchasing policies and will also report on the college’s status against, and ability to meet, its operational objectives; create and enforce policies and practices related to financial and IT reporting; and, monitor legislation, regulations, policies, and procedures applicable to finance and administration.
- In addition to this, the Vice President, Finance & Administration will develop and implement short and long term financial and IT plans and forecasts in accordance with college goals and objectives;
- Investigate and resolve variances in budgets, reporting, internal controls, and general accounting;
- provide general counsel to the President on all business and financial matters, and, oversee the college’s financial accountability ensuring appropriate fiscal controls are in place to meet statutory compliance as well as the integrity of systems data and statements.
- Keyano College seeks an ethical leader who can encourage collaboration and a culture of respect and excellence.
- The preferred candidate’s orientation and approach is well-suited to build relationships within and across the organization and with external partners whose collaboration with the college could facilitate the achievement of its objectives.
- A University degree accompanied by a professional accounting designation is required.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years’ financial or administrative experience in a similarly complex organization with extensive knowledge and experience in dealing with financial reporting, budgets, internal controls, business planning and asset management.
- A high level of integrity, confidentiality and accountability is a must.
- Work experience in Wood Buffalo, or, a Northern community and/or oil and gas related industry would be an asset.
- Compensation is competitive and includes a performance bonus incentive and comprehensive health and benefit package.
Please submit your current resume to the human resources department, with competition number, by email at email@example.com. Please find more information on www.keyano.ca/careers
When sending your resume, please indicate the specific job title you are applying for.