J/Leadhand Mechanic – Town Shop #28409
Req Number 12-0838
# of Posted Positions 1
Employment Status Permanent Full Time
City Fort McMurray Facility D04 (Town Shop)
This individual will be responsible for leading the service and repair of a wide range of Caterpillar heavy construction and mining equipment in a dynamic customer facing environment.
Duties to Include:
- The successful candidate will possess Interprovincial Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician certification, will have completed or be in the process of completing all Finning S-levels and will have a high level of technical experience.
- This self-motivated individual will have a strong commitment to safety and have the ability to coach and instruct others.
- This team player will have strong organizational, and communication skills and be capable of working with minimal supervision in a continuous improvement environment.
- Computer literacy is required, with a working knowledge of MS Office an additional asset.
- Provide technical expertise on shop floor
- Perform regular mechanical duties assigned by Service Supervisor
- Update the Supervisor and Project Manager on job progress
- Ensure all necessary paperwork is completed through each job step
- Schedule and delegate duties within the job/team environment
- Provide leadership with reference to on-site safety requirements
- Provide insight and guidance to technicians and apprentices
- Assist service supervisor with information on repair options or technical information
- Shift work WILL be required
- Please note that any future shift changes that may occur will be made in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Collective Agreement.
- **Candidate selection will be in compliance with the terms of the current collective agreement**