Registered Nurse #28412
Company: Northern Lights Regional Health Center
Posting #: 12-269
Classification Title: Registered Nurse
Type: Full Time
City/Town: Fort McMurray
Location: At Northern Lights Regional Health Centre
Unit/Dept: Operating Room
Bargaining Unit: United Nurses of Alberta
Date Posted: 2012-05-17
Closed Date: 2012-05-28 Time: 23:59
Position Starts: 2012-06-08
Hours per Shift: 7.75 hours
Shifts per Cycle: 5 shifts
Length of Shift Cycle: 1 weeks
Shift Pattern: Days/Evenings/On-Call
Salary Range: As per U.N.A Collective Agreement
*In addition to a competitive rate of pay, Alberta Health Services offers a monthly amount to help offset the cost of living in select northern communities
Procedure for applying:
- Must be registered or eligible for registration in Alberta with College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA);
- Must have valid BCLS certification;
- Current post basic O.R course preferred;
- ACLS certification an asset;
- Coronary Care course preferred;
- Minimum 3-5 years current experience in Preoperative, operating room and postoperative nursing required.
- Able to function independently on call backs.
- Experience with central lines an asset;
- Critical thinking skills.
- Provide safe, quality nursing care as directed;
- Work independently and as a team member.
Apply online at http://www.healthjobs.ab.ca/ or via Fax: (780) 788-1362
All applications must include the competition number and a current resume to be received by Human Resources no later than midnight of the closing date. We thank all candidates for their applications however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.