Tow Truck Operator - FMM #28548
Company: CEDA Group of Companies
Reference #: KVAY-8PJQ3U
Type of Position: Permanent Full Time
Location: Fort McMurray, AB
L. Robert Enterprises (LRE) is a leading provider of fabrication, welding and structural steel erection and heavy duty and mechanical maintenance services to the oil sands and construction industry in northern Alberta.
L. Robert is seeking a responsible and self-motivated Tow Truck Operator who will be responsible for operating a tow truck, towing equipment and conducting general diagnostics on a variety of equipment on-site projects. This position will be based out of the Fort McKay shop and will be dispatched out to the field to tow equipment in need of repair back to the Fort McKay shop for service. The position will report directly to the acting Lead Hand on shift.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate and maintain a tandem tow truck
- Perform general diagnostics of equipment in need of repair
- Inspect equipment on-site
- Maintain maintenance reports through completion of the appropriate documentation and certificates
- Operate company vehicles
- Assist other team members with training, inspections and certifications
- Maintain safe work practices
- Adhere closely to project timelines
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients and sub-contractors
- Oversee the implementation of operating procedures and training procedures
- Develop and maintain positive customer relations by leading through safe work performance and measurable key performance indicators
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Class 1 or Class 3 license required
- Class CSTS, OSSA, WHMIS and Fall Protection are required to have access to work sites
- 5 years of industry related experience,
- 1-2 years experience operating a tow truck
- Mechanically inclined
- Previous towing experience an asset
- Strong time management and organizational skills – ability to meet multiple deadlines
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills – fluent in English (speak, read, write)
- Class 3 or Class 1 driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract
- Safety Awareness
- Positive attitude
- Conflict management
- Team skills
- Decision making
- Customer oriented
CEDA offers competitive wages and above average pension and benefit packages . We provide training and opportunities for advancement. In addition, the CEDA group of companies are committed to maintaining a positive and safe work environment.
CEDA is always recruiting qualified individuals who are career driven. If you are ready to 'Turn Around' your career and you meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please fill out an on-line application. Please submit copies of academic qualifications and certificates where available. Incomplete applications will not be considered and only those being considered for this role will be contacted.
Our People Make it Happen!
We thank all interested applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted for further screening.