Instructor - Psychology #28584
Company: Keyano Corporate
Competition Number: 1112-FPI-093
Position type: Faculty
Closing Date: This advertisement will remain posted until a suitable candidate is found.
Keyano College is a comprehensive community college with three campuses serving northeastern Alberta. With an annual enrolment of 1,300 credit and 5,600 non-credit students, it offers a wide range of programs, from university level academic programs to heavy industrial and trades training to visual and performing arts.
Keyano is recognized as an innovator in partnerships with industry and in educational programming, and as a leader in client-specific training.The University Studies Department requires a Psychology Instructor. This is a full-time permanent position commencing August 13, 2012.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing and delivering university-level courses including, but not limited to, Introductory Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Social Psychology, Personality Psychology, and Principles of Learning.
- The successful candidate will be required to design/revise/update courses, in consultation with the Chair, faculty, other universities, advisory committees, potential employers, and students.
- Other responsibilities include carrying out regularly scheduled instruction, ensuring student awareness of course objectives, approach, and evaluation techniques while defining, evaluating, and validating learning outcomes.
- The successful candidate will be expected to participate in both Departmental and College affairs, particularly with respect to recruitment, tutoring, and academic advising of students as required.
- Keyano College encourages scholarly activity and, as such, individuals pursuing, or interested in pursuing, active research programs are preferred candidates.
Remuneration: Based upon educational and experiential qualifications.
- Minimum M.Sci. or M.A. in Psychology; Ph.D. in Psychology preferred.
- Other post-secondary teaching experience is an asset.
Procedure for applying:
Please submit your current resume to the human resources department, with competition number, by email at email@example.com. This position will remain open until suitable candidate is found. Please find more information on www.keyano.ca/careers
When sending your resume, please indicate the specific job title you are applying for. Please supply three references with your application.