Program Facilitator, Thrive on Wellness #28591
Company: Alberta Health Services
Posting #: HC-12-121
Classification Title: Professional & Technical
Type: Part Time Temp
Unit/Dept: Population Health & Info – Prevention Programs
Date Posted: 2012-05-24
Closed Date: 2012-06-05 Time: 23:59
Position Starts: 5/24/2012
Temporary Expiry Date: 3/31/2016
Hours of Work: 5 shifts of 7.75 hours/2 week cycle
Salary/Benefits: $34.40 - $47.75 /hour
The Program Facilitator, Thrive on Wellness, will facilitate and support community action and development to create environments that promote health and support active living and healthy eating through the Thrive on Wellness Initiative. The position provides operational support and coordination in the implementation of this provincial initiative.
The incumbent(s) will be familiar with a community development approach and will support community engagement and planning, as well as the development, implementation and evaluation of community-based projects. The position may be responsible for multiple communities within a defined geographic area.
Note: 2 positions to work in the Central Zone; location to be determined.
- Facilitates and supports the development of locally driven and owned community engagement process that is collaborative in nature
- Facilitates and supports the development, implementation and evaluation of community initiatives based on the goals and objectives of the Thrive on Wellness program
- Support evaluation efforts by tracking community activities, outcomes, leadership, capacity building activities and collaboration efforts
- Develop, maintain and strengthen community linkages and partnerships to support community development, capacity building and priority initiatives
- Share local learnings and issues on an ongoing basis with community leaders and on the web. Assist in marketing promotional activities at the community level.
- Bachelors Degree in Health Promotion, Recreation Public Health or related field
- Community development; facilitator training
- Minimum 3 years experience with community-based health promotion initiatives, demonstrated ability and understanding of program development
- Possesion of a Valide driver's license and a motor vehicle for work related travel are required.
This position is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Health Sciences Association of Alberta (HSAA) Collective Agreement.
Note: Applications will be received until June 5, 2012.
Additional Regional Info:
Employee Group: HSAA
Posting Status: New