Senior Consultant and Team Lead #28599
Company: Northern Lights Regional Health Center
Posting #: 178691
Classification Title: Management and Business Professional
Type: Regular Full Time
Unit/Dept: (CORP)KNOWLEDGE FACILITATION
Date Posted: 2012-05-23
Closed Date: 2012-05-29 Time: 23:59
Position Starts: 2012-06-18
Hours of Work: 7.75
Length Of Shift Cycle:2
Shifts Per Cycle:10
Days Off: As Per Rotation Shift
Salary/Benefits: Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Role and Responsibilities
The Knowledge Management Senior Consultant and Team Lead in the Knowledge Management department within the Leading Practices and Innovation section of the Quality & Healthcare Improvement division is a professional position reporting to the Director Knowledge Resource Services. The Knowledge Management Senior Consultant and Team Lead works with a high degree of independence and in concert with the Director will provide leadership to develop an organizational approach for the development and delivery of library and knowledge resource services within AHS. Knowledge management is a set of principles, tools and practices that enable people to create knowledge, and to share, translate and apply what they know to create value and improve effectiveness (World Health Organization, 2009).
The Knowledge Management Senior Consultant and Team Lead provides direct support and expert council to the Director on all aspects of developing a knowledge culture within AHS; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions for delivering effective knowledge resource services that support evidence informed decision making. The Knowledge Management Senior Consultant provides leadership and project management expertise to ensure KM initiatives and/or programs are delivered within scope, cost, time, and quality across the organization.
The Knowledge Management Senior Consultant and Team Lead will interpret organizational needs, assess requirements and recommend solutions to complex non standard issues and requests. Working independently with minimal guidance; will supervise staff and lead functional teams or projects with a provincial scope and complex nature. The position works to ensure Alberta Health Services values, goals and principles are implemented and integrated in the delivery of services.
- This position is classified as a M22.
- Minimum $78,000.00 to maximum $117,000.00 annually.
In addition, the incumbent will possess a record of accomplishment in the following areas:
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited institution.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in library services, knowledge management and or management in an organization of significant size, complexity and diversity is preferred (healthcare experience an asset).
- A demonstrated clear pattern of professional and personal development.
- Extensive knowledge of the health system and leading/best practices applicable to the Knowledge Management department and Quality and Healthcare Improvement.
- Facilitation and/or coordination experience in project planning, execution, reporting, monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience managing physical and human resources and related financial / statistical information.
- Significant experience in problem solving, concerns resolution, investigation, and negotiation.
- Team leadership skills, including demonstrated ability and comfort with decision making responsibilities, coaching and teaching, and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others.
- Demonstrated ability to foster relationships and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Effective communicator with strong organizational skills, influential skills, client focused orientation and commitment to providing quality services; ability to relay or explain complex issues or difficult situations.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate change and create innovative solutions for complex and diverse issues.