Manager, F&B Operations #28645
Company: MacDonald Island Park Corporation
# of Openings: 1
Job Location: CA-AB-Fort McMurray
The Food & Beverage Operations Manager will oversee the daily operation of MacDonald Island Park restaurants, concessions and banquet areas and will maximize sales, control costs and promote the highest levels of customer service.
Under the direct supervision of Director, Hospitality the Food & Beverage Operations Manager is responsible for overall management of the restaurants, bars, concessions and banquet operations; including supervision of servers, bartenders, cashier staff, managing bar and restaurant supplies and equipment, cleanliness and orderliness of internal and external outlet areas, and providing excellent customer service at all times.
- The Food & Beverage Operations Manager is responsible for personnel management including assisting in hiring, developing training, leading and coaching all teams in exceptional customer service.
- Projects staffing needs based on upcoming events; develops and monitors work schedules; develops work procedure guidelines. Effectively manages staff while on duty, and maintains efficient staffing levels at all times
- Satisfy all guest requirements by ensuring that the service is constantly maintained at a consistently high standard.
- Liaises with other hospitality departments regarding procedures and services.
- Responsible for training and education of staff in sales and service of food and beverage products on board.
- Evaluates and recommends methods for increasing sales; develops income and expenditure projections and prepares operating budget
- Responsible for proper accounting and recording of all beverage sales while ensuring that the pouring measures are being followed according to Standard operating procedures
- Maintains adequate levels of supplies and places orders considering storage space available, current stock, and expected customer demand ensure that all products are on-hand at all times for lounge and bars.
- Implements, controls, and review all procedures relating to stock control, cash handling, purchasing and stock &waste disposal as relevant to the department.
- Ensures that all financial reporting is maintained and accurate (billing, payroll, cash outs etc
- Responsible for the appropriate and timely set up of all functions, catering events and meetings while maintaining standards of food, beverage and meeting specifications.
- Meets banquet services financial objectives by estimating requirements; labor, and overhead costs.
- Checks equipment against the function checklist to ensure that no items have been misappropriated or mislaid.
- Maintain procedures to ensure the security and proper storage of banquet inventory and equipment.
- Ensures that banquet equipment is in proper working order and orders necessary repairs or replacement in a timely and efficient manner.
- Develops and maintains a safe culture within the department and ensures adherence to and awareness of Health and Safety Standards
- All other duties as assigned by the Director, Hospitality
- Completion of Hospitality Management program from an accredited college or university
- Food Safety Certification
Knowledge & Education:
- Experienced in restaurant, bar and concessions food production functions
- Familiarity with Micros and related back office accounting systems demonstrated leadership and team building skills;
- Creating and adhering to operational and capital budgets
- Two (2) years of management / supervisory experience in the Food & Beverage industry
- Knowledge of proper safety standards for all food service
- Knowledge of menu planning.
- Thorough and practical knowledge of beverage operations
- Ability to plan, execute and follow up on beverage promotions and other activities that increase sales and enhance guests experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
This is a full time position requiring 40 hours per week that is not limited to only days but also including evenings, weekends and holidays as required.