Mechanical / Piping Superintendent #28665
Company: Roevin Technical People Ltd.
Roevin Technical People
Location: Project site near Fort McMurray, Alberta
Type: Contract (project scheduled to late 2014)
# of Positions: 1 Position(s)
Our client is one of the world's leading EPCM companies providing engineering, procurement, and construction services in Canada and around the globe for more than 60 years. Presently their Oil & Gas business segment is ramping up their team for work on a large scale oil sands project based in Northern Alberta. There are multiple positions available for talented professionals with Oil & Gas experience including:
Camp accommodations and flights are provided for this rotational position.
- Implement an effective safety program to meet applicable regulations
- Participate with Contracts in managing Conditions of Changes
- Assistance will be required in maintaining progress of assigned Area and/or Contractor.
- Information will be provided to Cost and Schedule Control
- Monitor and audit the performance of personnel in assuring that work is completed according to specifications, plans, construction schedules, applicable safety regulations, and quality requirements;
- Coordinates with the Engineer Manager and Project Engineering to resolve technical problems encountered during the construction phase; Provides an immediate response.
- Plans, schedules, and coordinates the work with contractors / company personnel to insure conformance to construction schedules.
- Insures conformance to project work rules and regulations.
- Participates in meetings where the specific function expertise is required.
- Coordinates with Contract administrators, Engineers Manager, Headquarters Engineering, and Construction Supervisors with regard to quality problems.
- Participates in weekly review meetings to review and discuss work progress, and area plans in order to resolve problems of schedule delays indicated by trend data.
Maintain effective relations with clients and the community.
- Implements company policy of equal opportunity through affirmative action
- Has successfully managed mechanical equipment installation activities on projects
- Fully knowledgeable and experienced in the means, processes, and methods needed to successfully construct and install all mechanical equipment including, but not limited to:
- vessels, tanks,
- boilers, towers,
- pumps, dryers,
- conveying systems,
- water treatment systems,
- filtration systems, process systems, etc.
- Successfully supervised and managed a minimum of 100 craft personnel.
- Successfully supervised and managed the construction activities of multiple mechanical contractors.
- Must be legally able to work in Canada for any employer
Qualified interested candidates please submit resume along with hourly expectation via email, indicating SLB06-MPS in the subject line, to:
We thank all applicants however, due to volume, only those moving forward in the recruitment process will be contacted for this position at this time. Your resume will be added to our database for consideration of future opportunities.