Finance Coordinator, Development/Foundation #28702
Company: Keyano Corporate
Competition Number: 1112-FFO-097
Position type: Administration
Closing Date: This advertisement will remain posted until a suitable candidate is found.
Keyano College is currently seeking an experienced self-motivated individual to become the Finance Officer with the Development/Foundation office. This is a permanent position commencing immediately.
Role and Responsibilities
- The primary purpose of this position is to facilitate the flow of financial information throughout the Foundation Office.
- Reporting to the Vice President External Relations, the incumbent will be responsible for the recording and tracking all donated and sponsorship funds received for the College through capital campaigns, special events, scholarship Foundation, gaming and annual giving initiatives.
- This position includes coordination of the audit process in conjunction with outside auditors and college personnel, updating relevant policies with respect to Revenue Canada Agency guidelines, and is responsible for maintaining strict office procedures to maintain the integrity of the fund raising data system (Raiser’s Edge).
- This position will also initiate and record and track purchases and expenses for the Foundation office and provide general administrative support.
Remuneration: $65,097 per annum plus an attractive benefits package.
- 3 years – Private or Public sector experience working in a professional fundraising office environment or educational institution.
- Professional experience in a related office environment would be viewed as effective preliminary training (i.e. banking, law firms, accounting firms, etc…).
- Individual must have relevant accounting experience.
- Must possess strong organizational skills with the ability to handle priorities and tasks; prior special event involvement is an asset.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of accounting principles and have a thorough understanding of audit processes and associated policies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, experience with database applications (preferably Raiser’s Edge).
- Must have initiative and be prepared to work independently and as a member of the External Relations team.
Procedure for applying:
Please submit your current resume to the human resources department, with competition number, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain open until suitable candidate is found. Please find more information on www.keyano.ca/careers
Keyano College welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including visible minorities, aboriginal people, and persons with disabilities. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada and willing to undergo a background check in our pre-employment recruitment process. We sincerely appreciate the interest of all applicants. Individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
When sending your resume, please indicate the specific job title you are applying for.